Good pair of Upland Pants?

pants

i wore chaps for years and years, thought i would never wear the things out, finally did and then tried the pants, wouldn't go back to the chaps. bought a light weight pair and a heavy weight pair at cabela's. the light weight pair were just about worthless, was always tearing them, the other pair have held up and are now about 5 seasons old and my butt is still well covered. the problem with jeans is that they just suck moisture out of the air and then never dry out, the other problem with jeans is that about after a 3 week end hunt they are worn out at the knees, if you don't have that problem then maybe you ought to get out of your truck more often, anyway

cheers

i wore chaps for years and years, thought i would never wear the things out, finally did and then tried the pants, wouldn't go back to the chaps. bought a light weight pair and a heavy weight pair at cabela's. the light weight pair were just about worthless, was always tearing them, the other pair have held up and are now about 5 seasons old and my butt is still well covered. the problem with jeans is that they just suck moisture out of the air and then never dry out, the other problem with jeans is that about after a 3 week end hunt they are worn out at the knees, if you don't have that problem then maybe you ought to get out of your truck more often, anyway

cheers

or maybe stay off your knees:D cheers

has anyone tried the Duluth Trading Fire Hose logger pants? 11.5 oz fabric, double layered from mid shin to waist is the description on their website.

Quail hunting and woodcock hunting, in and around blackberries, wild rose and greenbriars motivated me to start wearing chaps. The protection is good but very uncomfortable in warm weather. I usually wear hunting pants when pheasant hunting as they are little easier to walk in and don't need the armor in the grassy cover.

has anyone tried the Duluth Trading Fire Hose logger pants? 11.5 oz fabric, double layered from mid shin to waist is the description on their website.

Quail hunting and woodcock hunting, in and around blackberries, wild rose and greenbriars motivated me to start wearing chaps. The protection is good but very uncomfortable in warm weather. I usually wear hunting pants when pheasant hunting as they are little easier to walk in and don't need the armor in the grassy cover.

They work good for trimming unruly shrubbery, so they might work for upland hunting Haha!

Back