Good Friends-Fine Guns-Hot Grub-Cold Beer-Happy Dogs

dukxdog

I have four spots available for hunting with me and my friends at my Bird Dog Bunkhouse in Gettysburg, SD. Four of us are already in. Dates are Nov 15-24th (can be split into two 5 day periods). $125/day includes room, food and hunting. Great wild bird hunting and the dogs have a blast. Call me at 208-709-2919
I have season opener available due to a cancelation for a group of 4-6 hunters Oct 16-21st ($450 for six days/five nights) if you have your own group of friends who want to come to SD for wild roosters.
December dates are available for incredible pheasant numbers.
IMG_2464_zpskxwf2yck.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the post/info.

I could be interested! Will keep the info front and center on my desk. Thanks!

jon

PM's answered.

Yes this is a good value comparing it to where I've hunted in SD for the past 25 years. I'm not a guide. I've rented houses for myself and my friends all over SD. This is set up as I think good hunting lodging should be for a very reasonable price. When you get there you'll see that I have done extra things to make your stay a great experience. Boot dryers, washer/dryer for wet clothes, fully furnished kitchen, two refrigerators, bird freezer, indoor bird cleaning, new furniture and full size mattresses/bedding, Hunting decor, pool table, foosball, darts, pingpong, dog barn(your dogs will love me). My goal is to have return hunters year after year so I don't have to post vacancies. I have started to attain this goal already. The house is nice, the hunting is superb and the dog quarters are excellent. I don't do things half assed as you will see when you arrive. My concern is your satisfaction. That's why my friends who hunt with me keep going year after year. Contact me.

Last edited:
Do you have a web site?

No I don't have or need a website. I'm just a guy who loves hunting, loves his dogs, loves nice guns and enjoys time with his friends. I bought this house so I would have a great set up for pheasant hunting every year. I've hunted much of east river SD for the past 25 years. I rent it out to cover expenses for the year. I offer a great location for a reasonable fee. I don't need many guys to fill the dates. Guys who hunt this year will have preference for reservations next year. I figure I will soon fill most all of my available slots and won't have to even post vacancies in years to come. Word of mouth from happy hunters and fishermen will be my best advertisement. I don't do things half assed:)

Call 208-709-2919. To much typing. Bobby

I've answered the PM's I think. Best to call me if interested to get details figured out. Also e-mail with your phone number dukxdog@ida.net

Thanks!
Bobby

Last edited:
Update on available dates at the house:
Oct 16-22 (season opening week) 6 guys
Oct 23-28 two guys
Nov 15-19 four guys
Nov 20-24 two guys
Dec 1-5 four guys
Dec 7th to season end is available
Call if interested 208-709-2919
dukxdog@ida.net

Your original posting stated - food was included in the fee...

If there is a mixed group at the house, do we share the food? Is there a chef that does all the cooking and plans the menu?

Please elaborate.

Thanks.

When I'm there I buy the food and do most of the cooking. I'm good and like to cook. My friends usually clean up after meals for me and clean my birds.

I figure with the other groups the guys who come together will bring their own food or perhaps buy some after arrival at the local stores to share some meals.

I have two refrigerators and a designated bird freezer. Also a dishwasher in kitchen.

Right now I have a washer/dryer but will be installing a second set for use. I have a lady who cleans the house, changes bedding and does laundry between groups.

Thanks for posting the photo's - well done. The last pic is what building?

How are you progressing regards reservations? Still have openings?

Jon

This is the dog kennel barn. It has 10 inside kennels with outside runs. The dogs will be very comfortable after a good day in the field.
IMG_3272_zpsrj5tbzmi.jpg

I still have a few open slots available but some dates are filled. Preference will be given to the hunters next year who come this season. I'm very pleased so far. This has been a fun project and I can't wait to be there hunting there myself.

Thanks for the photo and update. Good looking building!

Will try and complete hunting plans after Sept. ll. Hopefully this is not too late...

Jon

Back