Good Dog Work Today!

Dakotazeb

I ran my Brittany this morning on pheasant ground. She had a really nice point, stayed steady and when I couldn't flush the bird I relocated her and she began tracking. Obviously a runner. We had 3-4 more points and re-locations until she finally pinned down an old rooster in some heavy cover. From the first point until I flushed the rooster was probably 150-200 yards. Good dog work, ya gotta love it! Bring on the hunting season, we're ready!

Sounds like fun! I too ran my Brit this a.m. -- at the off leash by the reservoir. Just leg work. Nice obedience to signals and great quartering. He'll be nine when Kansas opens. Keeping my fingers crossed he stays healthy.

Last edited:
Nice! Next time you should post some videos! My young pointer is still trying to figure out how to pin down those running birds, and how to stay steady until I walk 100 yards to her on point!

Nice! Next time you should post some videos! My young pointer is still trying to figure out how to pin down those running birds, and how to stay steady until I walk 100 yards to her on point!

Good idea. I'll try and get some video with my smartphone next time.

that's fun, but my old wirehaired vizsla does it a little bit differently. He will only point and relocate 2-3 times, then (does this on his own) breaks and runs like hell for about 100 yards and stops, looks at me, and as i stand still, he hunts back to me on his own.
we don't pin them all, but the ones we do are a thing of beauty....kinda feel sorry for the old roosters who play this game with him.......and that last point and pin is pretty darn cool.......:thumbsup:

Back