Going thru old pics

tbob131

Found this one from my first Montana trip in 2012, It was cold and rain/snowy this day. We were riding the Miles City cutoff in South Eastern Montana. We had decided not to hunt that day, so we picked a spot relatively close to civilization to let the dogs out to do their business, all 6 of them. Of course not 100 yards from the truck we get a point, needless to say that turned into 2 hrs of terrible weather but fun hunting. In this pic the bird is between the two setters fa88B9311D-6784-48B1-BC45-2973E35A8D00.jpegr right and the one right in front of my hunting partner. I just thought it was cool to see that many dogs backing in one photo.

Found this one from my first Montana trip in 2012, It was cold and rain/snowy this day. We were riding the Miles City cutoff in South Eastern Montana. We had decided not to hunt that day, so we picked a spot relatively close to civilization to let the dogs out to do their business, all 6 of them. Of course not 100 yards from the truck we get a point, needless to say that turned into 2 hrs of terrible weather but fun hunting. In this pic the bird is between the two setters faView attachment 690r right and the one right in front of my hunting partner. I just thought it was cool to see that many dogs backing in one photo.
Looks like sharptail habitat.

Actually, initial point was on a covey of huns, ended up finding sharptails as well. This point was a single hun, which for this terrain is very rare. Those little bastards stay together better than any bird I've ever seen. But boy do they hold tight if you get them separated.

When I read "Going thru old pics" my thought immediately was pics from maybe the 50's, 60's, etc. Not 2012! They aren't old! :) Guess I'm showing my age, eh?

A little!! Lol those were the first pics on my old computer. Upgraded and made a slideshow, that pic was always one of my favorites. Not good photography by any stretch of the imagination, but good content!

Back