Going Fishing Instead of Just Wishing

BritChaser

In another thread I sought your input on my suddenly useless knee. Thank you for the supportive responses which gave me confidence to go forward with arthroscopic surgery. Result? Success! Not only am I now field capable, but I am hitting the road for Wyoming tomorrow for trout fishing.

In another thread I sought your input on my suddenly useless knee. Thank you for the supportive responses which gave me confidence to go forward with arthroscopic surgery. Result? Success! Not only am I now field capable, but I am hitting the road for Wyoming tomorrow for trout fishing.
Congratulations, Britchaser. No thanks necessary, but a quiet suggestion: take it easy, field capable is a category, not a "completely healed" diagnosis.Take it from someone who has pushed the healing path to the point of er...extending the length of the path.

And get a nice rainbow that we can look at and envy.

Take care.

That’s great! What part of Wyoming are u heading to? I’ve made several trips to the snowy range area and absolutely love getting up in the mountains and fishing for trout.

Laramie Plains and Snowy Range

Just got back from a 5 day backpacking/flyfishing trip in the Rawah Wilderness in NW Colorado. That's just south of where the BritChaser was going in WY. I'm trying to follow Clint Eastwood's saying, "Don't let the old man in". That was my second backpacking trip this summer and hope to continue next summer when I'm 71. I'm looking forward to pheasant season and working my new lab pup Tucker into the rotation.

PairofLabs, Glad to see another 'oldtimer' fighting the 'good fight' it seemed the pandemic gave many our generation just one more reason to give it up.

The combination of good weather, good flyfishing with dry flies, total isolation at the lake, and no mosquitoes made it one of my top 3 backpacking trips ever. From the time we left the truck until the time we got back on the 5th day, the only person we saw (once) was a guy driving a logging truck down the mountain.

Back