Gods country

BleuBijou

On a recent elk hunting trip I decided to burn my preference points on a buck tag. Even though the winter kill was horrible the year before, about 80%, I felt there would still be a good deer in one of my two honey holes. I spotted the deer I wanted a couple days before the season, not in my honey hole. If you looked at the deer straight on he looked like a main frame 4. When he turned to the side, his left side was just a club that went straight up. That is a cool deer and the one I was going to shoot. Opening morning found me hiking up the side of a barren 13,200 ft. mountain. I stopped and set up. First light I hear a shot below me and here comes a bull elk. Well, I am not picky when it happens like that. I fired my 30-378 weatherby twice and I had my elk. Back I guess to my honey hole, camp!!! I always see good deer from camp. Tuesday morning I found myself enjoying some cowboy coffee, when I look up and see a deer feeding 651yds away. I grab my gun and head to a big rock 200 yds from camp. I get there and look at the deer, there are two nice bucks. Set up and fire. Nothing. Fire again and the buck starts up the hill and then backflips 150 yds down the hill. Got em. That evening enjoying a nice cocktail, I spot 5 bucks cross my other honey hole, the last one bigger than mine. I will see him in a few years!! Hope you enjoy the pic's from Colorado high country U.S.A.:coolpics::cheers:

man that's a really good looking deer nothing wrong with that one, that's some awesome looking country going to have to try to get up there and hunt one day.:coolpics:

That's a good hunt and fun story. Gods country is right!
You have a great honey hole, congrats on some fine wall hangers!
Thanks for sharing your hunt.:thumbsup:

Saaaaaaweeeeeeeet....:coolpics:congrats, when can I come?. I'll take ya walleye fishing.:cheers: just kidding. I have wanted to elk hunt for a long time. never done it. I would like to take a decent bull with the mathews some day before I croak.:thumbsup: just one. That would be cool, and considered a hunt of a lifetime by me. Awsome, simply awsome. You got the life. Beautifull photos.

heck ya

Ya I would take any of those deer. Our muley's out here do not get nearly that big. I also like that pintail ya got mounted and the woody. Ive got a pinnie myself, one of the best looking ducks around I think. Great pics:10sign:

Back