Gobbling

watermen

Walked out on the deck Saturday morning and listened to bird on my side of the ridge hollering to another across the road. They must be busted up and starting. 5 weeks till season, they might be hatching by start of season, with as early as spring has started.

I'm in Northeast Kansas, but I've seen some flocks start to break up. Still a lot of pretty big flocks around. Haven't heard any gobbling, but that doesn't mean they haven't started.

Same. I've been seeing them in groups of 4 to 5 instead of 20-30. They are definitely breaking up but I haven't heard a gobble yet.

My brother lives in the Branson area and said he heard a tom gobbling this morning.
Getting closer!:)

Heard my first gobble yesterday morning. Daughter looked over at me and smiled. Hopefully its a good year. Had some coyote issues last year.

They're really gobbling here in eastern Kansas now. Seeing quite a bit of strutting in the fields. Archery turkey season opens on Monday!:D

Spent spring break scouting the local area. Lots of gobbling on the few nice mornings and a surprising number of hens per gobbler. Looked like 4-5 hens per. I don't know if this means there is a healthy turkey population or not, but I did see a bunch of turkeys in the fields and cutovers. They are doing a bunch of savanah restoration locally that hopefully will translate to quail improvements.

Back