GF&P, SDSU partnering for five-year project to equip birds with radio collars

Chestle

Will be interesting to see what they come up with. Fairly long article but not real specific.

GF&P, SDSU partnering for five-year project to equip birds with radio collars

...Stationed in Virgil, S.D. ? population 16 and located southwest of Huron ? Harsh is at the center of the most comprehensive study on pheasants ever assembled. Through the use of radio collars, researchers are tracking pheasants to learn all aspects of the upland game bird's survival and reproduction habits...

http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/out...g-five-year-project-equip-birds-radio-collars

They been doing similar study in SW NE almost 10 years off & on started hard again 6+ year ago cool study's don't mean much if all there habitat is plowed but will be cool to follow..

I know wear I'm hunting next year lol

Better data is needed for better management. Collecting data in any way shape or form on pheasants is always good. Looks like the state and biologists have up'd their game on this one.

I come from a big data background in computers and healthcare data and have seen the impacts of collection of big data decision supports systems.

The state brings some good biology to the table in regards to pheasants. SD Gov and MN Gov will head up National Pheasant Summit at Pheasant Fest too. Looking forward to seeing this first ever join event.

Back