Getting Ready...

I got into triathlons a few years back for something to do to keep myself in shape. Between the swimming, biking and running it does the trick. Being that race season is in the summer I am pretty good shape come fall. I saw 4 pheasants this weekend on my bike ride. Two flew out of the ditch about 5' from me on my bike. Wow was that a rush. First race is this weekend. I am really not looking forward to the swim. It's going to be cold.
🤢 I would be happy to get to the mailbox and back at the moment.

I got into triathlons a few years back for something to do to keep myself in shape.
Are you serious Clark?
Just being in the condition to compete in one triathlon, should put one in good enough condition for elk or any kind of hunting I could imagine! Bird hunting, when you are young, conditioning seems optional if you are somewhat active, iron man tough might seem like overkill. The time commintment to the training and conditioning seems overwhelming....I would have no time to give to everything else I want to get done. I have a big 2 story that needs scraped and painted, I think that would be great exercise to get one in bird hunting condition...any takes? I will provide the paint and tools if interested. I think the Canada thistles might get a break this season to try to tackle the house painting, likely the last time I will be the one painting it. Weeding and watering a large garden is another of my conditioning exercises.

Long hikes at least twice a week help me maintain my endurance at age 65.
On non-hiking days I do reverse lunges for quads and bike the neighborhood hills for hamstring strength.
Been cutting and hauling firewood which is good exercise for the cool mornings.

Well, no pics from this year yet, not much happening yet. I have a pic from June 5th of last year, things were a little further along last year. This year, my potatoes weren't up Monday and last year they were looking good. Hoping the seeds and potatoes are popping when I get back out there tonight or tomorrow. I grid it out so my father can use the tiller on his little JD tractor between things for several weeks...or longer if it doesn't start raining. I will start watering the seeds if they aren't up this weekend, and maybe even if they are up! The good thing about dry years is that the weeds are WAY easier to control, watering is much easier for me than the weeding.
20210605_105444.jpg

Remy, Wow that is a huge garden
. I have no idea your age, but I suspect u to need to hire out the painting of your house. I hired mine out 2 years ago. Yes it was expensive, but I didn't fall off of a ladder either. Good looking dirt by the way... BITE THE BULLET, LOL

Last edited:
Not doing Iron Mans that is definitely too much time for me. With kids stuff and work I am lucky I can get this in. I just do the Olympic distance stuff. Usually a one mile swim, 25 mile bike and 6.2 mi run.

Remy that garden is awesome. I bet weeding that thing would really suck in a wet year.

Back