Gander Mountain Upland Boots

I did not get them, the sales person said they probably wouldnt hold up for amount of hunting I do. I did go with the Havoc hunting boots that Gander sells. But I am thinking about getting them any way just for a second pair to wear from time to time.

I have only worn Danner winter lights since 1992. Bought my first pair while stationed up at Elmendorf AFB in AK. Wore them grouse, ptarmigan hunting, moose hunting, etc. The first pair last 14yrs and then bought another pair, and they are going on 7 years. I just clean em up, reapply some oil/cleaner they are good to go. They are gortex, thinsulate, and they have the insert for your foot. Waterproof and the best $200 I have spent.

They are not for sitting or being stationary in real extreme cold temps, but with a good pair of wool socks, keep you warm while hunting roosters.

Greg

I did go ahead and order these boots. Time will tell if they were worth it. I have to admit that I dont get out as often as I would like let alone as often as some of the people on this forum do.

Last edited:
I have had mine for 2 years and have no complaints. The previous pair were also from Cableas and they lasted almost 20 years. Would still be wearing them but had foot surgery and needed to get a new pair.

I know there has been plenty of talk about boots on here lately but I haven't seen anyone mention these boots--Gander Mountain Men's Upland 200g Hunting Boot. Please let me know if you have any experience with these boots, good or bad. Just wondering because you really can't beat the price. Thanks

Here is the url if you want the link:

http://www.gandermountain.com/modpe...9030&aID=502T1A&merchID=4006#pr-header-419030

FYI

bought a pair of these year and a half ago, for 99.00 they are great boots, no leaks, no tears. They are a little heavy thou, and they faded out to almost a light tan. Maybe I got a really good pair don't know but I am happy with them. They have walked the grass lands of South Dakota and woods of Wisconsin without falling apart so far.

Back