Game Shears

Nick

I had a pair of game shears from Cabela's that ended up in the motel dumpster this weekend. I don't see them on the Cabela's website. Anyone have any suggestions for a good pair? Thanks!

Gerber shears. For the price they can't be beat. I have two pair and they have worked extremely well for many years. I just measured the blades on mine and they are approx. 3". Certainly long enough for anything I've ever needed them for. I had a pair of expensive shears from Cabelas once but found the Gerbers worked better

Another vote for Gerber Vitals.

Have one set in kitchen and a couple pair in my bird boxes.

They have a “bone notch” that some other shears lack. Keeps the bone from squirting out during the cut.

I got a pair of Leatherman shears from Pheasants forever. No idea what they sell for but they are the best I’ve had.

I have the Chicago Cutlery shears I bought 30 years ago, they work great. They come apart for cleaning, have the bone cutting edge, screwdriver and can opener.

Attachments

• 253F5542-DA96-4201-BC08-DD8E27E5B4E0.jpeg
    253F5542-DA96-4201-BC08-DD8E27E5B4E0.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
Gerber Vital shears are the way to go! I have two pairs. The first has rode in my dog box for 15+ yrs now. The second stays in my shop for cleaning birds when it gets cold.

I have the Chicago Cutlery shears I bought 30 years ago, they work great. They come apart for cleaning, have the bone cutting edge, screwdriver and can opener.

I have these as well and they do work great. Had the same pair for 20+ years now.

Back