Game farms in northern MN

mnaj_springer

I recently moved up north and I'm trying to find some game farms up here, specifically within an hour (or so) drive from Grand Rapids. I've heard of Baders and Pheasants Plus, but do folks know of others?

Also, hearing your opinions on those farms would be helpful too.

Thanks!

To the north, I've only hunted at Baders. Its been around for a long time, and the wife and husband now running it, well they are great people, and she is the daughter of the past owner-her father. I will admit its a weird experience in the fact that the cover is more northern like, but the experience was so good I would recommend them in a heartbeat. There is also Lovdahls near Effie, Udoviches near Gheen, Hunts Point west of Pequot Lakes, and I am sure there are more-I would just Google hunting preserves in MN.

As I said, only hunted Baders but great experience-great people owning and running it.

Dan

Baders is the best experience of the ones we used. Some you have to make the birds fly, and others you end up hunting to much woods.

Has anyone used the chukars at Bader's? At $5 less per bird it would be a nice way to save money, but I've seen chukars all over the map... Some that fly really well, and some that can't even fly if you throw them.

Have hunted Baders last two late Oct. Its just like hunting wild birds at home except there is bird in the area you hunt. At home SW Minn you can walk all weekend and jump a couple birds. The first time we had five chukars got 4 but very low flying birds and hunters worried about dogs so did not do any last year.

"Pheasants Plus" in Warba.. They are only like 10 miles out of Rapids.

Back