Game Farm/preserve?

thanks i have only hunted Traxlers just lookin for help on some new one's and would like to get my pup out sense me and him both have that itch for some pheasants!

wingsofwatertown.com is a nice preserve-roosters only but this is their last weekend until Sep. To be honest, the guys at Traxler's are great for helping with your puppy training but the membership is steep. Riverridgegun club in courtland is supposed to be nice as well but haven't hunted there myself. There is also Major Ave. hunt club in Biscay but there fields were closed from the snow amounts. October can't come fast enough, I'm working with my first bird dog and all she wants is to be in the field.

I'm in waconia. There is a nice list of places on this website. Preserves I didn't even no about in every region of the state.

Yep I have visted many game farms. Golden Meadows (Cold Springs) Glendorado (By Princeton) are my favorites. It's a great place to take family and friends that don't have the time to hunt. There a great tool to help train dogs and get some killer pictures. I always like to end the season at a game farm with my father.

Goldeneye, Have you been out to Gold Meadows latly? I was thinking of going this weekend but am a bit concerned about the snow cover. My knees don't welcome the idea of slogging through deep snow. Also Pheasant ridge has really nice fields and Mike is a super guy. They are near Ogilvie.

Gatzby I was at Golden Meadows about two weeks ago working my dog on backing points. They drive the tractor around with the bucket down so walking is real easy. I have never been to Pheasant ridge I may have to give them a try next time.

Back