Franchi Instinct SL vs. CZ Redhead

This is just my 2 cents. If it were me in your situation I think I would seriously consider the new Ruger red label. At least look at one before you buy. Made in the USA if that is important to you.

cz

I have two bobwhites and love em' both, within my circle of friends, hunters, there are about 8 cz guns and all are loved, the lines are quite nice, about old world, all these guns are made on new cnc machinery and they work. don't have a clue about franchi, look at them both and then let your wife decide. maybe it's like fly fishing, the problem is not where to put the fly, it's how to get the rod past the spouse.

cheers

This is just my 2 cents. If it were me in your situation I think I would seriously consider the new Ruger red label. At least look at one before you buy. Made in the USA if that is important to you.

don't have the date in front of me but I think they are heavy, also new to the line up, cast receiver and maybe a few other doubts.

cheers

Reviews are good and with the resurgence of ruger I wouldn't have any issue as far as the quality goes. I don't own one but maybe in the future. All I'm saying is that a look at one before you buy. The weight is about average for the class.

22 months ago when Kenobi was trying to figure out which gun to buy the Ruger red label was not in production:D

How did this thread get brought back up?

Kenobi what gun did you end up buying?

I own a 12 ga CZ Canvasback, which is exactly the same gun as the Wingshooter/Redhead except for cosmetics and the addition of ejectors on the WS/RH vs extractors on the CB. That said, here's a real-world long term reliability test that is on-going. No need to read the entire thread - it's long - but the bottom line is 25,000+ rounds through the gun in just over 3 years without a single failure of any kind.

I can personally attest to CZ's excellent customer service. I own 3 of them.

How about the CZ Upland Ultralight. Def wont break the bank and their website says it weights in around 6lbs. I also have heard that CZ has great customer service.

Maybe Kick them Up could chime in and let you know if these guns also have cast built into them.

Sorry Guys,

Yes, all O/U and SxS CZ's are cast to the right. They are 1/4 at the heel and 7/16 at the toe.(approx.) Should anyone have questions on CZ-USA guns please PM me your questions as I will be happy to help.

Thanks,
Kick'em Up
CZ-USA :cheers:

Back