Franchi Instinct SL 16 gauge

Thank you for the report and the break down, AteUp. Using a gun maker that already produces a 16 ga (F.A.I.R.) makes sense on why they were able to produce it out of the blue (that's what it felt to me at least).

NewWinshooter... very accurate observation. As my gunsmith and I have broken it down further ( franchi instinct sl) and my F. A. I. R. And while there is styling relief style cut in the receiver of the franchi for cosmetic purposes,one could swap out wood with very little fitting. Ammendum to my original post. I had my gunsmith add a kickeez pad to my franchi which has added 3ozs. To the back end of said gun at same thickness( within a 1/16” )to the gun and now at 5#s 9ozs. this thing with the balance moved forward handles like a dream and I kept everything factory so if I sell it I can put original pad back on.

Last edited:
Ateup, you have quite the arsenal of lightweight 16 gauge guns. How do you think the Browning lightning feather compares to the Franchi? Do you have a preference between the two?

PTM, I like the franchi a little better overall 1) it fits me better. 2) has better balance the browning is a little barrel heavy.3)I like the the choke system on franchi more as they are longer than the standard invectors in the browning. 4) wood to metal fit is a push and lastly franchi is lighter. It all will depend on personal preference as to which feels better.

Back