Fishing

20170120_145952.jpg

2013-01-17_11_04_421.jpg

Reddog I'm jealous! Tough call which I like better, hunting or fishing. My dad was a fisherman, not a hunter. So I grew up fishing. I try to fish as much as I can but was always relying on going with buddies and in their boats. Finally bought my own boat last summer and wondered why I had waited so long to do it. My wife and kids enjoy fishing as well so we are getting out money worth out of it. We catch a lot of walleye here in Kansas, usually troll for them. Hard to beat a fresh caught walleye for lunch! You guys jig for them up there? We will jig them sometimes during the summer on humps or drift for them. I look at the boat in the garage and it gets me excited for the Spring, makes hunting season coming to a end a little easier to take.

[

That was my first boat trip of the year last year. January 19th. South Dakota reservoir. Doesn't look like I'll be able to get in the boat till March this year, so I'm heading out there ice fishing Friday. Lots of ways to fish walleyes, but pitching jigs and plastic are my favorite". Typically 7 to 15 foot flats in the spring attract there river fish. I boat fished more this fall than the last ten years. Anxiously waiting for warmer weather, but I do enjoy ice fishing also.

20161231_0857581.jpg

QUOTE=KansasGsp;241974]Reddog I'm jealous! Tough call which I like better, hunting or fishing. My dad was a fisherman, not a hunter. So I grew up fishing. I try to fish as much as I can but was always relying on going with buddies and in their boats. Finally bought my own boat last summer and wondered why I had waited so long to do it. My wife and kids enjoy fishing as well so we are getting out money worth out of it. We catch a lot of walleye here in Kansas, usually troll for them. Hard to beat a fresh caught walleye for lunch! You guys jig for them up there? We will jig them sometimes during the summer on humps or drift for them. I look at the boat in the garage and it gets me excited for the Spring, makes hunting season coming to a end a little easier to take.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Back