Fishing wyo

jmac

Is anyone doing any fishing in wyoming? I ask because, Ive been hearing reports of high flows state wide. I heared that the miricle mile is running at 9200 cfs, and grey reef is at 6000 cfs. I understand snow pac is 197% average in many of the basins and 167% state average. My question is there any fishable water at this time?:)

Maybe some lakes..!!!
The runoff is just getting started and there's a ton of snow in the high country. Chocolate milk from here out. I just hope it doesn't all melt in a short time frame. It's gonna make for some awesome boating though.

You might hit the tail waters!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yes lakes and tail waters I guess that or wait until July. I see that Pathfinder res. is expected to spill over the dam again this year, with in the next week or so. I'll never understand why they didn't up in a spill way on that dam. It is an awsome sight to see the water poor over the dam into fremont canyon.

I 'd like to get into the bighorns for some fishing but I think it will be August before the snow melts and the trail drys out. :)

I have been fishing below Fontenelle the last couple weeks. It is up, but very fishable with a boat @ 2400 cfs. It will really come up once things really start to run off the Winds and Wyoming Range.
Love high water. Great for the fish and keeps many people home! The fish are still there, you just gotta find them. Kind of like hunting.:cheers:

I have been fishing below Fontenelle the last couple weeks. It is up, but very fishable with a boat @ 2400 cfs. It will really come up once things really start to run off the Winds and Wyoming Range.
Love high water. Great for the fish and keeps many people home! The fish are still there, you just gotta find them. Kind of like hunting.:cheers:

JPH, The green river is awsome place to fish. Thanks for your report. I'm not concerned with high water as long as it's not dirty water. btw where you floating the green or wading.:)

A few pic's while we wait !!!!!!
IMG_3693.jpg
IMG_3691.jpg
IMG_3698.jpg
IMG_3700.jpg
:cheers::cheers:

Thanks Bleu, that's some good looking water. I think I could could throw a few flies at that water.:10sign:

That's the Home Water!!!! The Big T !!! 10 minutes to good fishable water!!

Does anyone have a read on Glendo? Iwas there last year at Memorial Day and the water was ok but got too high after that.

Sorry uncle buck but Eyes are what gendo is all about. If thats what you want then good. Thats not what most Wyoming people fish for Trout at 20" + Inches is. And there are tons of lakes and river and creeks. That will make this happen. Catching a 20" trout on a fly line Is like catching a marlin. :)

Many have accused me of being a high brow when it comes to my upland bird hunting given my taste for fine sxs and pointing dogs. Fishing is a little different in that tho I have wandered a trout stream or two, I have an affinity eating some of what I catch and walleye and perch are the best of the freshwater variety. I also prefer being in a boat.
I got my report last night. The water is indeed high in Glendo and the walleyes have just started biting. They will have water as high or higher than last year in the North Platte system which will wreck the camping later in Glendo. Memorial weekend will be ok.

I have floated the Big Horn neath Yellowtail, lived in Yellowstone one summer and have admired some great fly casters in my time, but will never be one.

Many have accused me of being a high brow when it comes to my upland bird hunting given my taste for fine sxs and pointing dogs. Fishing is a little different in that tho I have wandered a trout stream or two, I have an affinity eating some of what I catch and walleye and perch are the best of the freshwater variety. I also prefer being in a boat.
I got my report last night. The water is indeed high in Glendo and the walleyes have just started biting. They will have water as high or higher than last year in the North Platte system which will wreck the camping later in Glendo. Memorial weekend will be ok.

I have floated the Big Horn neath Yellowtail, lived in Yellowstone one summer and have admired some great fly casters in my time, but will never be one.

UB that was just a little poke at you. Sorry if it offended you, as it was not meant to. Glendo will be flooding and is will get worst and will be great Eye fishing all summer long.

I love glendo and eyes , but the greys river, and so many more for trout, I like better. Just my thoughts.:)

Gurnsey, may be a good choice for camping. It was not under water last year!! Sorry for the spelling Jmac!!!!! I can catch fish on smaller water, other than that I struggle. Big rivers just trouble me!!! I worked the U.S. Flyfishing Championship a few years ago on the Big T. Talk about pressure!!!! I had to measure fish in a half PVC tube and if the fish jumped out I could not count it!!! These guys are trying to make the U.S. Team and I was freaking out trying to measure their fish. These guy's would put 4 nymphs on their line at a time, what a cluster when they caught a fish. Spent more time re-tying then fishing. The guy's from back East had troubles. There was a guy from Wyo, older ,White Mustache, Cowboy hat, he is rather famous although I can't remember his name, he was very good and made the Team. Too stressful for me!!!:cheers:

OK, Uncle Buck.....you lie to your friends and I'll lie to mine but dont lie to me :D Good luck on your trip.

What are we doing this yr? Are we going up to Farris place or are you guy's coming to my bird camp? By the way, have you ever had a slimmer in your boat?:D who love's you baby!:cheers:

Gurnsey, may be a good choice for camping. It was not under water last year!! Sorry for the spelling Jmac!!!!! I can catch fish on smaller water, other than that I struggle. Big rivers just trouble me!!! I worked the U.S. Flyfishing Championship a few years ago on the Big T. Talk about pressure!!!! I had to measure fish in a half PVC tube and if the fish jumped out I could not count it!!! These guys are trying to make the U.S. Team and I was freaking out trying to measure their fish. These guy's would put 4 nymphs on their line at a time, what a cluster when they caught a fish. Spent more time re-tying then fishing. The guy's from back East had troubles. There was a guy from Wyo, older ,White Mustache, Cowboy hat, he is rather famous although I can't remember his name, he was very good and made the Team. Too stressful for me!!!:cheers:

Bleu wow 4 nymphs on one line. That's way out of my league, I have a hard time trying to keep two from noting up. I'm with you on the smaller water, unless floating them. Nothing like having to sneek up , in a low crawl, to the bank of a small creek, and flip them the fly.:cheers:

Back