First time using a GoPro, and.....

Actually I do think it was pure luck.

Not hardly. You got in front of the bird, pulled the trigger and kept the barrel moving on the follow-through. Well done, sir!

You might consider getting a dog as if it was wounded it would have most likely out ran you and got away :rolleyes:

We actually had 3 dogs. Just minutes before shooting light, and I'm not kidding, another hunter pulled up and parked about 30 feet from our trucks. Dude was out of his car and quartering directly through our intended direction of travel towards standing corn 120 yards down range. If I had actually believed what I was seeing, I would have been quicker to get to him and inform him of my displeasure in his blatant breech of hunting etiquette. We had been sitting there for 50 minutes, as almost every spot was taken by many hunters. Opening day, I get it. I think he was trying to get in position to work as a blocker for other hunters coming off our left towards the corn. His blazing trail through our section forced us to shift to the right. 10 mins into opening day, one of our labs went through a barbed wire fence, resulting in an emergency evac and 14 stitches. We never would have been that far right if not for the dude sprinting across our line. Video was shot while my hunting partner was getting the dogs settled back at the camp. Such a bummer. Lab is making a full recovery by the way.

Back