First time poster, Long time hunter

Thursty

Hi all,

Name's Conrad, currently reside in the northern portion of the people's republic of Illinois. I have been an avid hunter for a long time. Deer, a little duck, boar, I just love hunting. Planning my first elk hunt in Colorado next year. I hunt bow and rifle. Kind of a requirement to hunt bow here in IL. My dad took me to SD for my first upland hunt when I was 15. We went for a couple yrs after that before I joined the Marines. Never fell out of love with the sport though, and I still talk about those trips. So after 8 long, but fairly successful years on the IDNR put & take circuit I am finally returning to SD. My self, my dog and a buddy will be in the chamberlain area tonight, hunting tomorrow. Between then and Fri night the road and the hunting will dictate where we end up. I was spoiled there in the past on private land, this will be my first public wild pheasant hunt in SD. I will gladly accept any tips or advice you guys are willing to share for success. I will even trade you a beer for your thoughts if your around the area we are this week:cheers: Other than that, we are pretty personable guys, my dog gets along fine with other dogs. Strong nose, not afraid of brush and works pretty tight. She's good about not breaking another dogs point as well, so if any one is looking for an extra dog or couple extra guns this week let me know and maybe we can link up.

Thank's for reading. Happy Hunting!

Disclaimer* I will probably post something similar in the SD and Group Builder threads. Don't crucify me if that breaches forum etticate;)

Back