First quail

Yeah, the cattle are keeping up with the patch burn/patch graze burned tracts. A little more sunshine would allow the cover to grow ahead of the grazing a bit better. Forbs look nice, but could also benefit from some solar gain. Bobs were singing in several directions when I ran pups this morning. Looks like next week we will get our wish!

The day I saw the quail was the day after one of the big rains. We were actually camping out that night! Sections of my ATV trail were 10" deep ponds. I could have filmed a commercial for Polaris, hauling out all of our camping gear through the swamp that next morning... :laugh: Fortunately there is plenty of high ground available out there for the birds...

I was gone on family vacation last week, but it sounds like you all got rain pretty much all week long. I can only imagine how sloppy it is in places out there.

The day I saw the quail was the day after one of the big rains. We were actually camping out that night! Sections of my ATV trail were 10" deep ponds. I could have filmed a commercial for Polaris, hauling out all of our camping gear through the swamp that next morning... :laugh: Fortunately there is plenty of high ground available out there for the birds...

I was gone on family vacation last week, but it sounds like you all got rain pretty much all week long. I can only imagine how sloppy it is in places out there.

It has been soaking wet here since Feb.

Back