First Kansas Trip Fall 2017

Yes, a dead rattlesnake is a good snake but this one in NOT dead!

Forget the outfitters, do what all the other guys say and get the walk-in atlas. You will have a wonderful time in Kansas and stay in the western half of the state. Good luck!

Maynard G. Krebs from Dodge City will confirm the presence of rattlesnakes in Kansas.

Last edited:
There are about one million acres of walk-in and it's open to non-residents the entire season. All you need is a Kansas huntin' license.

Just for clarification, in Kansas an out of state resident just has to pay for a "out of state license" and they can hunt the entire season on public land? The reason I ask is I've mainly hunted SD the past 5 years and they do an out of state license that allow you to hunt two 5 day stretches.

Kansas pheasant and quail seasons run until January 31st. Licenses are for the calendar year. So if you are hunting the 2017 season your license will expire on December 31, 2017 and you will need to purchase a 2018 license to hunt in January 2018. One thing to know is that Kansas will put the 2018 licenses on sale about the middle of December 2017, after which time you will no longer be able to purchase a 2017 license, BUT THE GOOD NEWS, that 2018 license will work for the remaining time in 2017 and until December 31, 2018.

Kansas pheasant and quail seasons run until January 31st. Licenses are for the calendar year. So if you are hunting the 2017 season your license will expire on December 31, 2017 and you will need to purchase a 2018 license to hunt in January 2018. One thing to know is that Kansas will put the 2018 licenses on sale about the middle of December 2017, after which time you will no longer be able to purchase a 2017 license, BUT THE GOOD NEWS, that 2018 license will work for the remaining time in 2017 and until December 31, 2018.

If it was my first time to hunt KS, this is the way to do it!!!:thumbsup:

We always hunt walk -in and have a spot of private we have gotten on for years. You wouldnt put a dent in the available places to hunt for free if you hunted for a month!

Back