First Hunt With Daughter

BleuBijou

Was headed out to do some Antelope hunting and I am generally pretty picky! Out of the blue, I asked my oldest daughter if she would like to go and to my surprise she said yes!!! Change of plans, now I want to give her a good experience and just give her an example of the hunt, so I decided I would not be picky and shoot at the first chance we got. When we arrived at the ground we could hunt, there was a buck and 4 does in the middle of the road and they ran onto the property I could hunt. I drove by and got set up, then drove back, turned into the field and spotted them 520 yds away!! I backed up and then drove towards them as they were behind a small hill and could not see us. I closed the distance to 415 yds. and got out and sneaked a few yds and made a clean shot. She was thrilled and held the animals legs while I cleaned it , with 100 questions of animal parts!!! She just turned 9 in Sept. and said she wants to go again!!!!!! I was really nervous to take her, but I am glad now!!:cheers:

IMG_3993.jpg

Congrats on the antelope and taking your daughter. I love it when the young ones want to get involved. Pretty soon she will be wanting to go to Hunter Safety. Which is a very good thing..........Bob

Your a lucky man to get to share the experience with your daughter.

good for you bleu , looks like you and your little girl had a great time. love to see this kind of bonding.:thumbsup:

Congrats:thumbsup:
Ain't nothing better then hunting with a daughter:thumbsup:. I take my 7year old out dog training with me all the time and to here her shoot the Pink B-B gun at a quail just brings a tear to my eye.:)
Nice buck and good looking kid. Hope you have many more days like this one.

You're makeing a monster blea!... :D CONGRAT'S!!

Outstanding!! Congrats and Kudos to you for getting that young lady out and starting her off right.

Onpoint

A Great Dad

What a far greater thing it is to take your child hunting than to allow them to sit for hours on end in front of a computer screen or a TV. You are a great dad!

Thanks everyone!! I was really nervous because I did not want her to have a bad experience!! Today after school, she asked me if I had any more tags because she wants to go again. She is not quite ready for Elk and deer, because I rough it for 9 days. But I told her we could go for some Pheasants and ducks. I told her in 3 years, when she is 12, she can put in for her own tag and I will take her for her first animal. She was so excited!!!! Looks like I need to buy some 22's!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Bleu, GOOD GOING!:cool:

Back