First Grouse

CO_Weimar

Grouse virgins no more! :thumbsup:

Cowboy, our 1 1/2 year old Weim, found us a grouse today. This was his first time out on a wild bird hunt, and my first time bagging a grouse. It was a good day. :cheers:

14928164480_f082d743d0.jpg

Way to go!

BTW - you're screwed now :) ...Since I got bit by the bug, my wife has come to hate September in general, and blue grouse in particular.

It was a fun time, wish we had another couple of days or a week. :)

Need to work on Cowboy's retrieve, since I had to retrieve him and the bird! :D

Went out for Blue Grouse Yesterday, and had some success. Sure is a lot of work, but well worth the effort.

Dave

After grouse hunting in the mountains, over 9000 feet, pheasant hunting will seem relatively easy.

*My wife likes to go along. She made hotel reservations for the trip and wants for us to get a pop-up camper. She had said "Cowboy needs to get on some wild birds" ... well dear, that can be arranged, pack your bags. :laugh:

Well done. I am envious. Pride is too old to hit the mountains. Hopefully we get a full pheasant season in.

CONGRATS! :thumbsup:
Still workin on my first mtn-chicken intentionally over a dog. Only few I have pegged over the years have been incidental camp-meat with a bow while elk hunting. That's my problem in a nutshell, gotta be willing to make the Sept switch from big-game to birds, which I tell myself every year I'm gonna do for a change & then don't...
One of these years (at least in my dreams) gonna drop the bow & make a CO Sept Grand-Slam road trip for grouse (blues, sage & sharptail), white-tail ptarmigan & band-tail pigeons! :cheers:

That would be awesome....blues, sage, sharptails and band-tailed pigeons...I don't know that I have ever even see a BTP:eek:

Well at least someone isn't a grouse virgin anymore and mean while back at the ranch, good ole retrvrman (that would be me) still is and so are my three labs. I guess next season, seeing how I will be elk hunting this weekend and then chasing roosters the rest of the year and maybe some waterfowl....maybe

Greg

Back