First Chicks Sighted!

UGUIDE

Went to the coop in Lake this morning and asked in anyone had seen any chicks hatched yet and answer was "no". Later this morning I was working my food plots and traveling between plots saw the first hens with broods.

Should be a good hatch this year.

Corn is up in the area and beans are going in. Winter wheat looks good too.

Glad to hear! Keep the brood reports coming. Seems a little "dry" in N/C part of state but would rather have that than cool / wet.

Bob

yeah I see the northern half of state is in the first 2 drought stages on drought monitor. Humidity is up over night here and dew yesterday morning but not this morning.

91 degrees tomorrow. Here its really perfect hatch conditions. A rain would not hurt.

woooo. She is hot and dry. Different than last year where you were trying to escape swarms of mosquitos. You can almost watch the corn grow in this heat. I will take this weather vs. last years. Perfect hatch conditions IMO. however, too many non dewy mornings would not be good.

NE South Dakota

We need a rain, bad... If we don't get some moisture in the next 3-5 days I think things will start turning brown. Not good. Get out there and do your rain dance. SDviking

Reports from the area I hunt are not good.

No rain, no dew. Alfalfa froze early and is just short, stunted and brown topped. Some silage corn hasn't germinated in the dry soil as yet. Pasture grass isn't growing. Cow herd has started getting sold off.

Of course, 15 miles either side they got decent rain.

It will be spotty like this in the North Central I believe.

Hope your honey holes are doing better than mine!

Back