Fiocchi Wads

Dakotazeb

While hunting today I stopped and visited with a fellow hunter. As we were talking he saw I was shooting Fiocchi Golden Pheasants. He told me that he knew some guys that had a problem with the wads getting stuck in the barrel. Sounds like the shells must have been some "bloopers". I've never heard of this, has anyone else?

I have hunted with guys that reload that have had this happen. Either they didn't load powder in the shell or not enough. But you certainly can tell when you shoot one of these. Not the normal sound or recoil. If you ever have this happen make sure you check the barrel before firing another round or it could blow up your barrel.

Is it just golden pheasant or any Fiocchi load?

From what he said I believe just Golden Pheasant because he saw a box of mine in the back of my vehicle. Personally I'm not putting much stock in it. I've searched the web and cannot find anything about it. If it was a problem someone would be posting about it. Just thought I'd ask here and see if anyone else has heard this. Not trying to send up a red flag. I too have shot a lot of these shells through my Sweet Sixteen and they perform great.

Back