Finally got a first day in the field with the puppy

jeepin981

Training is done, went out and hunted a preserve and day 1 he flushed 4 birds. Unfortunately me and my buddy were horrible shots and missed two. His first retrieve was a very long difficult retrieve with a runner but he got him and got him fast. Dog did great, owner needs to get to the trap shooting range and miss less... :)

Very cool.:10sign: I love how springers are almost always wet when we take their pictures.:thumbsup:

well done! Where'd ya get the Springer?
(get to the trap range before the pup starts givin ya the stink eye) :D I hate that look!!!

those dogs

another one of those dogs!!! i would think that you guys that hunt in calif. a chihuahua would be far more appropriate than a drippy looking springer. just think about it for a minute, that dog could sure get into the thickets with no problem and if you taped a flag on it's tail like some of the other dogs, you would have a dog for all seasons. maybe hoffhacker would recognize it also

cheers

another one of those dogs!!! i would think that you guys that hunt in calif. a chihuahua would be far more appropriate than a drippy looking springer. just think about it for a minute, that dog could sure get into the thickets with no problem and if you taped a flag on it's tail like some of the other dogs, you would have a dog for all seasons. maybe hoffhacker would recognize it also

cheers

Actually that would make sense, I could afford to feed at least 8 of them.:cheers:

Thanks guys! I am very happy with him, he did great. I got Chip from Ron Hollis in Martinez. Chip's mother was at the national ameteur trial this year but was knocked out in the 3rd round. He has a hell of a pedigree and it shows. Because of my travel schedule (50-60% travel for work) I paid someone for the first time to train him (Keith Hacker out in Acampo) to train him and it was worth every penny and then some.

Chihuahua's would be cheaper but I hate yippy dogs ;-). The cover was much better than where we took the pictures and yes he b-lines it for the water when he sees it so he is rarely dry when water is around.

And yes I need to hit the trap range, I once hunted in Texas with a rental dog that if you missed came over and pee'd on your boot. Think Chip might consider this if we keep missing.

Back