Few picks from today.

BrownDogsCan2

Got out today,for the year three half days and one full day total. Monday was probably my best day as far as birds seen. Today the best as far as birds shot. Left one in the field and brought 2 home. Not a lot of pheasants around but it is what it is I guess. You still have to get the pups out.

Knocked the first bird down shortly after getting out of the truck and it turned into a foot race on the road. So I went ahead and tossed it back into the weeds for the pup, after a little barking and some general goof balling around it turned into her first live bird retrieve

View attachment 8718

View attachment 8719

Hit the second field good cover but not many birds. Knocked the first down 30 minutes in looked hard but just could not find it. Second shortly after. Hunted another hour and nothing save a few hens and a nice covey of quail. Stopped for a picture in the ditch before loading up. If the pup wont sit still there is nothing left to do but give them each one and see what shows up.

View attachment 8720

Nice pics, How old is your pup?

She'll be 7 months on Sat. . A little under 60 lbs. I don't see her getting much bigger. Have hunted her a couple a times behind the big dog. I'm going to wait to turn her loose by herself until we get on some good ground hopefully in 2 or 3 weeks

She'll be 7 months on Sat. . A little under 60 lbs. I don't see her getting much bigger. Have hunted her a couple a times behind the big dog. I'm going to wait to turn her loose by herself until we get on some good ground hopefully in 2 or 3 weeks
I have one at 18 months she is at 65lbs and this is her 2nd season. She looks to be on track and we are off this weekend to do a combo waterfowl /upland hunt. It will be her 1st time on waterfowl so I am hoping the best.

I have one at 18 months she is at 65lbs and this is her 2nd season. She looks to be on track and we are off this weekend to do a combo waterfowl /upland hunt. It will be her 1st time on waterfowl so I am hoping the best.

For some reason I thought yours was a shorthair. But I get you and rut confused for whatever reason. Maybe it's because you hunt the same areas? maybe. My mom was originally from Rush county. Love those first couple years with a new dog, watching them learn and develop and grow. Good luck this weekend.

Back