Fertilizers

beaglebob1

What’s the most cost efficient and easy to use fertilizer for quail/pheasant food plots and habitat planting?

What’s the most cost efficient and easy to use fertilizer for quail/pheasant food plots and habitat planting?

It depends on what you are planting and how. I have had good success blending milo and millet seed with phosphate fertilizer and broadcasting it on worked ground. Then I lightly disc it in and wait for rain. If you want to add nitrogen, apply that before you disk it.

It depends on what you are planting and how. I have had good success blending milo and millet seed with phosphate fertilizer and broadcasting it on worked ground. Then I lightly disc it in and wait for rain. If you want to add nitrogen, apply that before you disk it.

I figured I would get some good results from you folks in the farming community! Thanks! Now this phosphate is the white pellet ?
I have about 25 acres of planting in 2-3 acre sized fields .:thumbsup:

I figured I would get some good results from you folks in the farming community! Thanks! Now this phosphate is the white pellet ?
I have about 25 acres of planting in 2-3 acre sized fields .:thumbsup:

The white pellet is nitrogen. I would not blend that with the seed as it can hurt your germination. Phosphate is called 11-52-00 or 18-46-00. Nitrogen is called 46-00 or urea.

Get a soil test done first and let the people know who are doing the test what your plans are for the fields. They will taylor your fert. needs to the crops specified. Then when you go to buy your fert. you wont be buying something you dont need.

Get a soil test done first and let the people know who are doing the test what your plans are for the fields. They will taylor your fert. needs to the crops specified. Then when you go to buy your fert. you wont be buying something you dont need.

Great info!!:thumbsup:

The white pellet is nitrogen. I would not blend that with the seed as it can hurt your germination. Phosphate is called 11-52-00 or 18-46-00. Nitrogen is called 46-00 or urea.

Thanks, I am learning. Great info.:thumbsup:

Back