Fellow Bird Hunter from WV

Bryan Casto

Hey, Everyone
I found this site and thought it would be a good way to meet fellow bird hunters and learn more about training from more experienced members. Ive ran coonhounds and rabbit dogs since i was 10. So training dogs isnt new to me. Im now in college and have gotten burnt out of coonhunting but got hooked on birdhunting after i went the first time about a year and half ago. So i bought a finished female GSP, She is six and has been all over the country hunting bout any species you can imagine.(before i got her) She has been my teacher and we now guide at a local hunting preserve. Bird hunters are a dying breed in WV as the birds have gotten scarce. We have managed to take a few woodcock and grouse this year. I plan on taking her back to the places and species annie has been on before. Hopefully i can meet new friends and gain some training pointers, " Im sure im gonna need some help" lol as we train the young dogs we have aquired. I wanna take trips to SD for pheasant, Kansas for quail and pheasant, Michigan for Grouse and woodcock, in the next couple years. Also it would be nice to meet other hunters from wv to chase grouse with. Look for forward to becomeing an active member and wish everyone a merry christmas.

Welcome, pull up a stool and enjoy UPH. Always good to have another GSP owner on Board.

Welcome to the site. Good group of guys here. Where abouts in WV are you from?

Matt D

I live in St.Marys, WV. bout 20 minutes from marrietta oh and I77. and thanks everyone look forward to talking to you all.

Know that area well. Used to chase deer about 20 miles from there in Pennsboro. Nice part of the state.

Matt D

Merry Christmas back at you from the other side of the country & welcome to the board.

Welcome, sir. Share your pics and stories with us.

Back