Federal Prairie Storm FS Steel

I didn't say I haven't tried them Dewey, I have shot some blind Side and BVlack Cloud in my 20 to try them out.
Not all of us are "keypad jockeys" , I've been actively hunting upland birds every year since 1965 in three different Canadian Provinces with everything from 410's to black powder 10 gauge vintage guns and in all actions for shotguns.
M However my preference however leans towards conventional fibre wads and nickle or copper plated shot in vintage guns with black powder and brass cases, or 28 gauge modern hand loads, O/U or SXS, .
DHT

I think all of us are right to some extent....

But! With no disrespect, what I see is a bunch of guys that think they have the answers to everything because they've been there done that. With out ever trying something new, I can kill them with a BB gun....

Somehow we got a little sideways here, might be me!

I was wondering if anyone has shot these, I have now....
Sounds like most who've replied haven't, key pad jockeys stuck in the past.

I'll continue to shot them up, seriously give something new a try! You never know. Maybe my shooting is bad enough to need this stuff!

And NO, I don't work for Federal.

no one is trying to hurt your feelings, just a bunch of guys sharing many of the same things that don't have much else to do. as far as trying something new though, maybe you should enjoy life and go back to a very small gauge or better yet get a black powder gun, that would be something new but most of all have fun, remember that some of us ol' farts are still tying to figger out how to use our smart phones

cheers

Last edited:
no one is trying to hurt your feelings, just a bunch of idiots that don't have much else to do. as far as trying something new though, maybe you should enjoy life and go back to a very small gauge or better yet get a black powder gun, that would be something new but most of all have fun, remember that some of us ol' farts are still tying to figger out how to use our smart phones

cheers

I'm not hurt in anyway, just trying to get or give straight advice.

I've shot many small ga. Guns before, I live to fast for that...always got a 3.5" in my pocket..

I don't have much time to get out after work and alway want to get the most out of it, most the time 30-40 min is all. It would take me that long to push all the stuff down the barrel.

I'm not hurt in anyway, just trying to get or give straight advice.

I've shot many small ga. Guns before, I live to fast for that...always got a 3.5" in my pocket..

I don't have much time to get out after work and alway want to get the most out of it, most the time 30-40 min is all. It would take me that long to push all the stuff down the barrel.

I think that is what this group of guy's that contribute to this forum are trying to do, talk, run things through, beat stuff around but we all share at least parts of the outdoors, wildlife, frequently dogs, guns and probably a beer. have a great time doing it.

spence

I was wondering if anyone has shot these, I have now....
Sounds like most who've replied haven't, key pad jockeys stuck in the past.

Dewey,

Completely understand you were just asking if anyone has used this. Many of us (at least I do) already have a surplus of our favorite Phez load on hand and since this is a relatively new one, not many likely even know it exists yet, let alone tried it. Obviously the extra cost will be one thing going against it as there are plenty of cheaper options out there that seem to work just fine.

Personally, and this is just my own observation, I think the FlightControl wad / Flight Stopper Steel technology has a far better application for waterfowl where the shooting distances may be longer. Pheasants being not nearly as heavily feathered, combined with much closer distances, seems a bit overkill.

Dewey, how bout you be our resident UPH new load tester on this stuff for the remainder of the season and give us some HONEST reports on it's effectiveness. Whadaya say?

I didn't say I haven't tried them Dewey, I have shot some blind Side and BVlack Cloud in my 20 to try them out.
Not all of us are "keypad jockeys" , I've been actively hunting upland birds every year since 1965 in three different Canadian Provinces with everything from 410's to black powder 10 gauge vintage guns and in all actions for shotguns.
M However my preference however leans toward conventional fibre wads and nickle or copper plated shot in vintage guns with black powder and brass cases, or 28 gauge modern hand loads, O/U or SXS, .
DHT

I'm not trying to be a wise guy.

I too have tried blind side, cut them open, patterned them, I've never seen so many runners after knocking them out of the sky.

You've tried black cloud in your 20ga, every variation of them act differently, some may not be good enough shots to notice the difference.

I take it from your posts your into the heritage of the hunt with the old historic type guns, that's as cool as the technology. But on the same token, the shot choices you have are "technology" I was about 20's the first time I heard of bismuth, long time ago now, but that was the cats a$$. So really its not like your putting gravel down your barrel.

Some guys think they are on a traditional deer hunt because they have a muzzle loader with a fixed 1 power scope.
Inline, 3 pellets, ballistic tip bullets, accurate to 250yards.

Anyway, again was only looking for responses good or bad, if you've tried these rounds you didn't say that, only that they were just a marketing scam in short.

Again, no disrespect. I know we can't read anyones tone on here.

Good hunting!

I'm still pissed that all the Winchester Supreme shelfspace has been taken up with Blindsides.
I think we are all kind of stuck a little bit in our ways. Its that if aint broke don't fix it mentality.

I'm not trying to be a wise guy.

I too have tried blind side, cut them open, patterned them, I've never seen so many runners after knocking them out of the sky.

You've tried black cloud in your 20ga, every variation of them act differently, some may not be good enough shots to notice the difference.

I take it from your posts your into the heritage of the hunt with the old historic type guns, that's as cool as the technology. But on the same token, the shot choices you have are "technology" I was about 20's the first time I heard of bismuth, long time ago now, but that was the cats a$$. So really its not like your putting gravel down your barrel.

Some guys think they are on a traditional deer hunt because they have a muzzle loader with a fixed 1 power scope.
Inline, 3 pellets, ballistic tip bullets, accurate to 250yards.

Anyway, again was only looking for responses good or bad, if you've tried these rounds you didn't say that, only that they were just a marketing scam in short.

Again, no disrespect. I know we can't read anyones tone on here.

Good hunting!
No disrespect taken Dewey!
To be clear though , it is all about the guns for me, be it hunting or shooting clays !:)
I shoot modern stuff as well as the vintage guns, and was involved in field testing new ammo quite often when my father was in the business- although at the time I didn't 't know it .
He would give me ammo up use in the field or on the range , and without actually knowing what it was, he could get a decent evaluation from a youth's perspective as far as recoil and efficiency .
It wasn't until near the end of his life that I learned things like this.
It brought me to the realization that more often than not it is not the choke or the barrel length or the shot charge or the special wad that made the difference but in fact the person swinging the gun and where the shot ended up !
Since then, I don't worry about shooting a 3" or a 2 3/4" shell, or 2 3/4 drama or maximum dram load as long as I am swinging the gun the way it needs to be!:)
The one thing I have adopted however is plated shot because I have found that when I do get the occasional pellet in the meat the plated stuff does not drag feathers in with it like unplanted shot does.

It's all hood however, and I just shoot as much as I can when I can!:cheers:
DHT

Back