Federal, CCI, Speer and Remington Ammunition

This guy's last video was mostly defensive whining & deflecting blame from his companies for the current situation. Essentially, the message was "don't blame us, it's not our fault, look over there". Came off as condescending at best.

The consensus of the gun shop guys I've talked to & deal with out here in ND is that if all else were equal, it would be at least 2 years from January 2021 before they start getting enough ammo & reloading components to keep shelves stocked.

Bottom line, you better have squirreled away 4 to 5 years worth of ammo & reloading components for everything you have...

Last edited by a moderator:
Vista ( parent company of federal) just announced they have purchased Hevi-Shot Ammunition, a manufacturer of ammunition for shotguns.

This guy's last video was mostly defensive whining & deflecting blame from his companies for the current situation. Essentially, the message was "don't blame us, it's not our fault, look over there". Came off as condescending at best.

The consensus of the gun shop guys I've talked to & deal with out here in ND is that if all else were equal, it would be at least 2 years from January 2021 before they start getting enough ammo & reloading components to keep shelves stocked.

Bottom line, you better have squirreled away 4 to 5 years worth of ammo & reloading components for everything you have...

In actuality, his earlier video explained the situation very well. It was not condescending. It was a cogent explanation for what is really affecting the availability of ammunition. There are over 8 million first time firearm owners in this country. The demand for ammunition greatly exceeds the supply. I sincerely doubt that two years will be required to remedy this.

Why are there 8 million new gun owners?

I liked the video that 5 stand posted, I don't have a problem with it, as this is a Guns & Ammo section. Does anyone have any facts (other than opinions) on why are there 8 million new gun owners? I hit a few Google searches and found a few articles:

Obviously news can be skewed depending on sources, but I see 40% are women. I know a few personally and they wanted to protect their families.

This is just my opinion, but when it comes to shotgun shells I doubt this will be the case. I didn't stock up ahead of time and I didn't run out of shells this year. Compared to clays and duck hunting, pheasant hunting is vey low volume shooting. With pistol/rifle ammo I believe the shortage will be much more severe and take longer to recover. Too many people with 20,000 rounds for their handgun, and wanting to buy more for the zombie apocalypse and civil war😝

Guys, stick with the topic at hand. Talking about Pepsi, Coke or Orange Crush leads nowhere other than away from the topic at hand, then my email box fills up with emails about bullshit.

Maybe I need to have a Red, Blue and an Orange forum that are separate? It just seems like everything/everyone is divided, no thoughtful discussions can be had anymore and cancel culture (myself included because I just get sick of) just takes over. I don't know guys. The internet used to be a great place to talk and discuss, but it seems like it has become a psychological dumping grounds and a personal platform. :rolleyes: 🍻

This is just my opinion, but when it comes to shotgun shells I doubt this will be the case. I didn't stock up ahead of time and I didn't run out of shells this year. Compared to clays and duck hunting, pheasant hunting is vey low volume shooting. With pistol/rifle ammo I believe the shortage will be much more severe and take longer to recover. Too many people with 20,000 rounds for their handgun, and wanting to buy more for the zombie apocalypse and civil war😝

There is a element of truth I believe to that comment. Look at toilet paper with supply/demand. People were losing their minds.

toilet-paper-frenzy.png

I was just a wee lad back in '08, but even I remember panic buying when Obama got elected. And after every school shooting. Toilet paper. Hand sanitizer. Bullets. It's all self inflicted by hysteria.

Here's a pro tip. If you believe in ammo companies, BUY THEIR STOCK! Business will be booming for the next couple years.

Then take your gains and buy guns and ammo when they become available again 👍

I was just a wee lad back in '08, but even I remember panic buying when Obama got elected. And after every school shooting. Toilet paper. Hand sanitizer. Bullets. It's all self inflicted by hysteria.

Here's a pro tip. If you believe in ammo companies, BUY THEIR STOCK! Business will be booming for the next couple years.

Then take your gains and buy guns and ammo when they become available again 👍
Couldn't agree more. VSTO stock has been great for me 🍻 🍻🍻

Guess we'll see how it plays out. Good luck to those who trust that ammo & components will appear on the shelf any time soon, or that the current administration won't do everything it can get away with to hurt the hunting & shooting community...

Guys, stick with the topic at hand. Talking about Pepsi, Coke or Orange Crush leads nowhere other than away from the topic at hand, then my email box fills up with emails about bullshit.

Maybe I need to have a Red, Blue and an Orange forum that are separate? It just seems like everything/everyone is divided, no thoughtful discussions can be had anymore and cancel culture (myself included because I just get sick of) just takes over. I don't know guys. The internet used to be a great place to talk and discuss, but it seems like it has become a psychological dumping grounds and a personal platform. :rolleyes: 🍻
this ^^^^^^^^

There is a element of truth I believe to that comment. Look at toilet paper with supply/demand. People were losing their minds.

View attachment 1289

Related to the TP shortage, Outdoor Life recently published an analysis of how panic buyers and scalpers are driving up the cost of ammunition.

Last edited:
There is more than a few people on capital hill wanting to tax the ammo and components side, perhaps as a MEASURE of gun control. App 60 % of the taxes Raised would be funneled to offset pain , suffering , grief support, and renumberation to victims and their family. The chokehold is ammo in the US.

And also components like powder, primers and shot. My club has had access to "reclaimed" shot; ie. a mix of 7 1/2, 8, and 9 shot reclaimed from a large club south of us. It works ok for skeet and sells for $27/25 lb. bag. The commercial or new factory shot we stock costs $40/25#. We've been gettting Green Dot, Clays, 20-28 etc. but once what we have is gone, don't know if we can replace. I just bought a sleeve of 5,000 Cheddite shotshell primers for $100 about a month ago---sure glad I did. I agree the bottleneck is ammo, and also all reloading components.

Vast majority of new firearm owners are stating that their purchases (including shotguns) are for home security. Doesn't help understand why every shotshell, deer rifle caliber, etc... are gone from shelves completely.

Watching for shot shell availability is a daily affair if you want to stock up and be ready for the clay season this spring-summer.

I started buy my favorite 12 and 20ga upland loads by the case. Doesn't look so crazy now.

Back