Farmers hurt again.

FCSpringer

Man they are having trouble here again. 3" of rain and 2-5 " of fast melted snow and already saturated ground.
The fields are full of water, and I doubt it will dry up. They will have to do much of the corn after a freeze. To top that off. Wind up to 65 MPH or higher for a day and a half, and it knocked down much of the corn. It snapped it off about 6-8" above the ground. The field that butts up to me was devastated. I don't know how they will get allot of it out. I suppose they will have to ride low and slow and hope against the grain they can get it up in the head. Bummer, It is all over here. Much of it as I took these pics is right on the ground, and no this is not a harvested field. I was 300' from my front steps. The whole field has some blow down. Some ares like this just flat.

PA300108copy.jpg

PA300107copy.jpg

PA300106copy.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a busy season for crop insurance adjusters. Kind of a bummer with corn prices way up. On the plus side, Pheasant cover and food won't be an issue. Only battle getting them out of the friggin' corn!

Back