Fall is here!!!!

engpointerman

Whoever want to scout the birds needs to get to scouting. They chicks finally look like roosters. They sure act dumb right now too. Easy pickins opening day for someone. Sunday when it was raining they were out graveling like crazy till almost lunchtime. Coolest group I seen of the day had 14 roosters and like maybe 5 or 6 hens. Wasnt really counting the hens. But those roosters were all practically side by side. Cant wait for the next month to go by now. Good luck to all.

Man, I can't wait to get out. Thanks for the update. I went duck hunting this past Saturday and knocked down two mallards. The flight was slow, but it will pick up.

November 14th Baby!

Were getting close. I sure hope to bag one this year. I didn't get to start hunting last year till late season nor did I have a dog. This year I will be there on opening day (still without a dog) but hoping to catch a few of these young and dumb roosters.

Look forward to hearing everyone's stories. Hope everyone had a good summer.

Brian

Im gonna let you do my scoutin for me Engpointerman. If they are where you hunt then they are where I hunt. I can hardly wait.
Im bringin the motor home out and leavin it at the farm and gonna spend as much time out as I can.

I havent necessarily been where you play. But OOOH Holy chit they did well. That is all I can say. Some of it I guess I did I cut and baled it oops. I am terrible right now. I just swathed this last week and baled one of the hottest wia properties across from my pigs. The one landowner took all of his wia out. not sure what happened. But the dirt surrounding I can still hunt. We will see what happens. Those fields are too big for this guy.

Forgot to post this also. A ton of Crp contracts expiring. I am the bad guy putting up the hay. Scary to think whats gonna happen when all of these acres expire. Hate me if you want but I have to make a living just like everyone else.

Back