Extreme Dog Fuel

One thing that has yet to be mentioned is can the food you feed keep weight on dogs during the season? I just recently switched from Victor Hi-Pro to Inukshuk. It was recommended to me by a breeder/field trial guy that was a PPP rep that switched himself. Feeds around half the food as PPP and keeps weight on his string during season.

One thing that has yet to be mentioned is can the food you feed keep weight on dogs during the season? I just recently switched from Victor Hi-Pro to Inukshuk. It was recommended to me by a breeder/field trial guy that was a PPP rep that switched himself. Feeds around half the food as PPP and keeps weight on his string during season.
I have looked hard at that food as well. My problem is keeping weight off right now. LoL I switched from Hi-Pro to Professional in the off-season for less calories and protein load. I will go back and look at Inukshuk. Thanks, Zew.

I do not have any shipping codes. It's probably quite a bit cheaper for me as I'm abut an hour away from them here in MN.

I also feed Inukshuk 30/25. It is a high density feed tho so you have to be careful when feeding lower activity dogs. They have a lighter formula as well the 26/16 but the kcals in that formula are almost the same as most companies 30/20 feeds. It is definitely not a food for a couch potato dogs that are struggling to keep weight off. I have fed Purina, and nutrisource to the same dogs and I can tell you I feed less on Inukshuk and have less waste. The dogs still look great and perform! Inukshuk has a reseller program so if you can find a local breeder/trainer that sells it you will probably get it cheaper. I can tell you the bag cost when you get it on a pallet is significantly less than the retail online.

I also feed Inukshuk 30/25. It is a high density feed tho so you have to be careful when feeding lower activity dogs. They have a lighter formula as well the 26/16 but the kcals in that formula are almost the same as most companies 30/20 feeds. It is definitely not a food for a couch potato dogs that are struggling to keep weight off. I have fed Purina, and nutrisource to the same dogs and I can tell you I feed less on Inukshuk and have less waste. The dogs still look great and perform! Inukshuk has a reseller program so if you can find a local breeder/trainer that sells it you will probably get it cheaper. I can tell you the bag cost when you get it on a pallet is significantly less than the retail online.
Is it less than $1.00 a pound?

Funny we buy dog food by the pound but usually feed it by volume. Keep that in mind when $ compared.
Gotta do the math and figure out price per kcal if you want the real numbers. Lots of conversions. Each brand is different. Kibble density, and shape affects how much kibble fits in a cup. Kcal and quality of feed dictates how many cups you feed. Gets pretty complicated 😂

No. Last quote I had was 43 for a 33lb bag. But you had to buy a 65bag pallet.
Ouch, but still much better than the pricing at Petco etc.
I feed a quality well known brand. It is right around $.96 a pound on the kennel program, to get this price you must buy a pallet at a time (24 bags 50lbs each). There are a few hoops to jump through for the kennel program but its worth it to me. I cant remember the K cals but for a 70 lbs very active lab I feed 3 1/2 cups a day.

Ouch, but still much better than the pricing at Petco etc.
I feed a quality well known brand. It is right around $.96 a pound on the kennel program, to get this price you must buy a pallet at a time (24 bags 50lbs each). There are a few hoops to jump through for the kennel program but it’s worth it to me. I cant remember the K cals but for a 70 lbs very active lab I feed 3 1/2 cups a day.
Are you on the nutrisource breeder program? I saw earlier you said you were feeding nutrisource.
I actually checked into the breeder bags, and I didn’t like that they didn’t offer the performances formula. I was on nutrisource performance for almost 2 yrs. My 75 lb male that was eating 3-3.5 cups of performance is eating 2 cups of inukshuk 30/25. My females went from 2.5 cups down to under 2 cups. And my dogs went from pooping 2 to 3 times a day to once a day.

I believe the most extreme kibble available is 25% fat, 32% protein,
RedPaw PowerEdge32k
First ingredient is an oily fish high in Omega-3 (Menhaden).
A favorite among competitive mushers up here in Alaska.
I feed my working labs this kibble year round. For a 65lb lab, 1.5 cups per day.

I believe the most extreme kibble available is 25% fat, 32% protein,
RedPaw PowerEdge32k
First ingredient is an oily fish high in Omega-3 (Menhaden).
A favorite among competitive mushers up here in Alaska.
I feed my working labs this kibble year round. For a 65lb lab, 1.5 cups per day.
Inukshuk makes a 32/32 formula that is probably the densest formula I’ve ever seen. 32 %fat 32% protein at 720 kcals a cup.
Red paw 32k is 32% protein and 20% fat. At 525 k cal a cup.
The inukshuk 30/25 I currently feed is 30%protein 25% fat and 578kcals.
Red paw is a high quality food but the added protein doesn’t do as much for energy stores as a higher fat content does as dogs are conditioned to burn fat as energy.
Inukshuk uses a vacuum infusion technology to draw extra fat into the food giving it a higher content than most manufacturers. As far as I know there is no other manufacturer that has a food as energy dense as they do.

My dogs have seemed to like it over the years. They're a relatively smaller company, at least compared to the big names. I switched to PPP for a couple years but when they hiked up their price so much at the beginning of COVID and the supply chain issues, and they've yet to come down, I went back to Diamond.
Whisky has been on the Diamond Extreme Athlete for a couple weeks now. He really likes it. His stools are smaller and less of them. So far I’m really pleased.

Back