Excited

Mad Max

Hi All;
Turkey season is about to open in Maine and I'm feveriously trying to tet My BSS fixed up for the hunt, I might use it for deer this year also. My brother in law and a bunch of friends cleared up about 10 acres of woods and planted clover, grass and everything wild life might need an like. The family's chances of bagging the big ones this year look great. I hope every one has a great hunting season this year.

Mad Max

Good Luck Mad Max, keep us posted

I used to get the way you are now over Turkey Hunting. But old age has cured all that for me...........Bob

But old age has cured all that for me...........Bob

Boy, you said a mouthful there. Amazing how age effects that. Tough to get excited about anything anymore. :)

Oh come on Bob and George,

Your only as old as you feel. Man some times I feel 900 years old, usually after I leave the field for the last time, for the day.:D

Last edited:
Really George it was the effects of the hunt. Around here you sit on a nice cushion that is on the ground and wait for one to come into range. The last time I was out I got so stiff and sore sitting there. I couldn't hardly get up again. It had to work hard at it just to get standing up. To me a Turkey is not worth the pain.......Bob

Last edited:
I'm old too

Hey Guys; I too know the age problem too. But Turkey hunting in Maine is realitively easy. The State is litterly over run with Turkeys. Yesterday my wife had to stop her car to let a bunch of them cross the road in front of her, a couple of weeks ago a Turkey almost took out our windshield. This time of the year nearly every field is covered with Turkeys. All I have to do is go in the field behind the house and they'll be there. Maine Turkeys don't seem to be afraid of any one or anything, they'll stand there and watch you. I'll let you know how I made out.

Mad Max

Good luck I hope you get a nice big Tom........Bob

Back