English Springer Spaniel

Bec Mattix

View attachment 585
AKC Registered. 6 Weeks old. All shots and wormed. They make great companions, and are wonderful with children. Excellent flushers, and retrievers. Upland or waterfowl. Fully weened and ready for a new home. $500

Last edited:
35 + years of hunting Springers in my life......pointers? hmmmm!

I see the original post has been edited and the "pointer" term removed.

Don't take this the wrong way Bec Matixx, we were just trying to help by pointing out an apparent mistake in your post. Good luck with the sale of the pups. Cute picutre you posted.

Yeah Bec mattix, no harm meant. I raised Springers for over 35 years, and love the breed. After my last springer I decided to change breeds. I love the Vizsla, but wish I had enough room for Springers as well. I have a feeling there is at least one more Springer in my future, they are great dogs. It's a good thing I can't actually hold your pup, it may happen sooner than I planned! :eek:

Paul

I see the original post has been edited and the "pointer" term removed.

Don't take this the wrong way Bec Matixx, we were just trying to help by pointing out an apparent mistake in your post. Good luck with the sale of the pups. Cute picutre you posted.

My bad. I did edit the post to be more accurate, I don't hunt with my springers, but have been told they are good all around bird dogs. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Yeah Bec mattix, no harm meant. I raised Springers for over 35 years, and love the breed. After my last springer I decided to change breeds. I love the Vizsla, but wish I had enough room for Springers as well. I have a feeling there is at least one more Springer in my future, they are great dogs. It's a good thing I can't actually hold your pup, it may happen sooner than I planned! :eek:

Paul

None taken. That is a good looking dog on your avatar.

I don't hunt with my springers, but have been told they are good all around bird dogs.

This could be a real issue in selling the pups unless there are some solid hunting dogs in the pedigree. Unfortunately there are many Springer out there that the hunting has been nearly bred out of. Springer make such good family pets and are such pretty dogs that so many of them have not been hunted for generations. The "show" Springers generally fall into this catagory. So anyone looking for a good hunting Springer is going to make sure the pups are coming out of proven "hunting stock".

I'm not saying that your pups couldn't turn out to me good hunters but it could hinder the sale. Especially at the price you are asking. I haven't priced good hunting Springers but I would guess you can get some very good ones for $500. If yours don't have that hunting background and breeding then you may be lucky to get half that. Sorry, but that's just the facts. There are some Springer breeders/trainers on this site that can probably offer some information here.

This could be a real issue in selling the pups unless there are some solid hunting dogs in the pedigree. Unfortunately there are many Springer out there that the hunting has been nearly bred out of. Springer make such good family pets and are such pretty dogs that so many of them have not been hunted for generations. The "show" Springers generally fall into this catagory. So anyone looking for a good hunting Springer is going to make sure the pups are coming out of proven "hunting stock".

I'm not saying that your pups couldn't turn out to me good hunters but it could hinder the sale. Especially at the price you are asking. I haven't priced good hunting Springers but I would guess you can get some very good ones for $500. If yours don't have that hunting background and breeding then you may be lucky to get half that. Sorry, but that's just the facts. There are some Springer breeders/trainers on this site that can probably offer some information here.

She had a litter of 10, and there are only 3 left. The females are all sold.

Sounds to me like a puppy factory collectin coin. You need to have a little more class than just sellin pups saying I have heard They can hunt.

sounds to me like a puppy factory collectin coin. You need to have a little more class than just sellin pups saying i have heard they can hunt.

A puppy factory? Are you kidding me? I would hardly think one sire and one dame is much of a factory. If you want to talk about class, why don't you learn to spell before spouting off?

Back