Elhew breed English Pointer

Mountain boy

I have a 6 year old EP, Both parents were out of Yellow Rose kennels in Texas. She is a great family dog pretty mellow in the yard and has been hunted extensively over the past 4 years on only wild birds. She has hunted Chukars (wild ones), Huns, Sharp-tailed grouse, Sage-grouse, Blue Grouse, Ruffed grouse, pheasant, bobwhite quail, and California quail. PM or Email and we can talk I am most interested in her going to a really good home. I think she would thrive as an only dog and would make and excellent dog for a beginner. She hunts out to 100yds She will push out further than the but that typically happens when she is hunted with other dogs that range out there. She has an ok retrieve. She has a great nose and is generally pretty carefull with her birds. She is a smaller dog she weighs around #40. She is pretty obedient and pretty biddable. She has not been broke to wing, shot and but will hold for the flush. Like I mentioned earlier I have killed a bunch of different species of Game birds over her. I used her during my PhD work on sage-grouse so she has seen a bunch of those bird she is new to the bobwhite game but I killed few over her last season after moving here (OK)...

Birdy and some of her first Bobwhites
P1020434.jpg

Sage-grouse
August09146-1.jpg

2035.jpg

DSCN2516.jpg

I know every one will want to know why I am getting rid of her. Bluntly put, 1st I prefer german dogs, it is likely my bias (my first bird dog was a german). 2nd I had a GWP whom I lost last year who I also water fowl hunted with so I don't have a duck dog anymore so I need to open a spot to pick up another GWP this coming spring/summer...3rd I have a GSP pu (1.5) and I want her to have all the bird contacts this fall ( who knows how many she would get with he veteran around) Like I said PM or email and we will talk. She currently does not have any papers I took her in on kind of a rescue deal. I knew the breeder and had hunted with her daddy several times.

I am Asking $500 BUT I WILL CONSIDER ALL OFFERS I AM MOST INTERESTED IN FINDING HER A GOOD HUNTING HOME!

Last edited:
very nice looking dog I had a dog with no papers once and he was well bred and a trial dog got him for free without the papers good luck

the rig in the picture

mountain boy,
what's the deal with the "hunting" rig in the picture?
mini truck?
do they work?
looks like a great way to get around

Yes it is a mini truck.

Yes they do work!

They are the shizzz. I have seen them with 4 or 6 hole boxes they have a cargo of like 1400 or 1500lbs and they can dig around pretty dang plus they legitimate cab with a heater and some even have AC.....

This one had ATV tires which look cool but if you are on gravel or pavement they get chewed up pretty quick. I think they are putting 14" all season tires on some and getting better wear on the road but still having ample traction for the off road stuff.

Last edited:
mtn boy,
that looks like it would be a great setup for out here in New Mexico; are they easy to roll over or are they pretty stable? lot of old mining/logging roads out this way

wish I had a spot for your EP, looks like a solid dog. I rescued a GSP six months ago (he is 15 months now) and that make three, four would be more than I can handle

They are more stable than you would think looking at them of course I didn't get crazy with them on steep sidehill slopes

Hey mtn,
I talked with the guy at work; he said he is "not ready" for any dog right now. I'll let you know if anyone else might have an interest

hey did you notice that pointer would be 10 by now.
Welcome to the boards. Come back and see us,,,and bring pictures.:cheers:

Back