Eckley area

engpointerman

For the people who love to hunt North of Eckley I have bad news. That area had one of the worst hail storms I have ever seen in my life. Corn that was 6Ft tall is now 1-3ft tall. Wheat,Sugar beets,Beans a total loss from North edge of Eckley to the curves. The Spittoon Ranch North of Eckley Church/School total loss also. Bad deal.

Man, that is bad news. I usually don't hunt that area, but have been wondering if the hail was going to get us. I hope its not too wide spread.

Man that sucks. There's some good WIA between Eckley and Holyoke. Sounds like it got obliterated. I hope all of Yuma county isn't affected. Things were looking so good for the corn harvest this year that those farmers really needed.

Kirk area got hit a little bit the other day also. But where there is no hail or minimal hail the broods are consistently big 8-10s probly. I havent seen any small broods. The little suckers seem to be running around everywhere. I hope they are in that eckley area also but I cant imagine much good after witnessing what the crops look like. If you guys can find the Yuma Pioneer on the web it had this deal on the front page. The Hail

The Yuma storm followed HWY 59 from the North cty rd 48 to the south cty rd 32 About 4-5 miles wide. Corn was just starting to tassle took tassles off. destroyed beans. Took wheat stubble and mowed it off. And Worst of all channell 9 news said we had 0 chance of moisture that day.

Engpointerman, sounds like the areas south of Joes didn't get too hard. Just that patch around Kirk? Thanks for all your info! We city folk depend on your updates. My group owes you a cool one.:cheers:

Havent had to much info on the area south. I put up hay from Otis, Vernon,Eckley and Yuma. Thats why I have first hand knowledge of these areas drive it almost every day. They are disking and mowing corn north of Eckley this week.

Back