Easy pheasant recipes?

Tailfeathers

Just wondered what is some of you guys favorite ways to prepare some of the pheasants? Looking for some quick ways of enjoying some birds. Also how do you guys clean and prep the bird for cooking and or the freezer? Thanks!

Feel kinda dumb posting this, it is so elementary, but:

Skin the bird, clip the wings.

Put in a closed casserole dish with can of cream of mushroom soup with only a half can of water added.

In over for an hour at 300 degrees.

That's it.

I've added apples or onion or such, but really, the basic is just the soup.

This one has gone over well with my wife and two boys.

I cut the pheasant breast into small pieces and put them in a bowl with a little olive oil. I season them with some BBQ rub that we have.

My father in law likes to catch shrimp in Florida over the winter. I take the peeled shrimp and put them in a bowl with some lemon juice and old bay.

I put the shrimp and pheasant on some skewers and grill. They turn out very well this way.:cheers:

Of course it helps that my FIL gives me shrimp that are already peeled and devained.

I just breast them out! 2 cans of cream of chicken /with milk-- fry 1 red onion them coat the breast with flour and fry a little then throw in the crock pot with choped carrots and fried onions and cream of chicken soup with milk and simmer for 5 hrs they are great. lots of pepper for season.

This is quick. Take one or two breasts. Slice them against the grain of the muscle, (approx 1/2 in). Dip them in buttermilk and let them chill in the fridge for 10 min. Take approximately 4 cups of cereal ( corn flakes/total, etc). Place the cereal in a one gallon zip bag and crush them with a rolling pin to the desired texture. Roll the pheasant in the cereal, and place them on a cookie sheet (I place aluminum foil on the sheet so it doesn't stick). Place them in an oven of 400 degree F for 8 to 10 min. Let them cool slightly. You can use a dipping sauce. I make one out of 1/3 cup dijion mustard, 2 teaspoons of mayo, and 2 tablespoons of honey. I actually found this recipe in the local paper and it is excellent (and easy).

Filet out Breast and thighs. Get the new kraft cheese and bread crumb mix for chicken from the dairy case in the grocery store. Follow directions on paket. Very easy shake and bake.

Don't have measurements right now (they are somewhere on UPH:confused:) but try combining a can of whole cranberries, half and half, white wine, salt, pepper, onion powder to your taste. Mix it up and cook the bird in the over with the sauce.

Something about that mixture of ingredients that goes very well with pheasant and grouse.

Back