East/North East Oregon

28gauge

Anybody hunting this part of the state. Thinking about heading that way next month. Maybe fish the Brownlee Resivor while there. Can you rent boats up in that area? Thanks for any info.

I fish brownlee a lot and I don’t think there are any boat rentals up there at least on Idaho side. Chucker hunting really good on both sides. Around Ontario and Vale would be your best bet for pheasant all private property.

Thanks pard. New to this state. Plan on doing a lot of scouting. Thanks for the reply. Bird dogs forever.

Anybody hunting this part of the state. Thinking about heading that way next month. Maybe fish the Brownlee Resivor while there. Can you rent boats up in that area? Thanks for any info.
I grew up in that area and still travel back for crappie and catfish at Owyhee and Brownlee Reservoirs. You can rent a boat in Boise which is about an hour away from either reservoir. The fishing is faster at Owyhee but the crappie are a little smaller 10-12 inch is common. Brownlee they have been running 12-15 inches but not nearly as many fish to be had. I also hunt chukar at least one time a year along the north west part of Owyhee Reservoir. It's all BLM land and lots of birds to be had. There are also plenty of California Quail along the Owyhee River and that is almost all BLM as well. I grew up in Vale Oregon and have been going back for quail and pheasants three times a year. If you want to give it a try, look into the Cow Hollow upland hunting program. I believe you pay $50 dollars per year and it provides you will access to thousands of acres of private property along the Snake River in the Nyssa/Adrian area. IMG958730.jpgOregon Bird Hunting.jpg

Very cool. Have not looked here for a long time, and thanks for replying. Nice pics. First part of Oct. driving to MN. Visit family and old friends. Fish and hunt birds on the way back. Have contacts in MN, ND, MT and ID. Last stop Oregon. Moved down from AK, live in Grants Pass. Lack of rain and the heat kills me. Wildfires suck. I hunt a Irish Water Spaniel. Keep urn powder dry. Shoot straight. I will check back. SKOL

Just a few pictures from our annual Owyhee Reservoir crappie fishing trip. The weather was mostly perfect. The fish were cooperative. I don't know how many crappie we caught but it was hundreds. The fish of the trip was the massive largemouth bass that my daughter caught. I have seen a lot of large bass but this one took the cake. We neither weighed nor measured it but it compared to the many 5 lb + largemouth that I have caught this was soooo much bigger.

Attachments

• Drew Jordan crappie 2022.jpg
    Drew Jordan crappie 2022.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Drew Maddie Crappie 2022.jpg
    Drew Maddie Crappie 2022.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Maddie huge bass 2022.jpg
    Maddie huge bass 2022.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 17
Very nice. She looks like a happy girl. My trip to MN was mostly family doings. Wet the line one day and caught sunnies. They sure ate good.

Back