E-Collars

TheMorningRise

Merry post Christmas!

I hope you all had a wonderful and relaxing time with family and friends!

I am looking into collars for our GSP and was wondering what you all liked. Currently, while pricey, I am leaning towards the Garmin Alpha 100, 15TT. Does anyone have experience with this collar and if so, what are your thoughts? Also, I am open to hearing about others as well. I was also looking at the SportDOG TEK 2.0 but found some not so favorable reviews.

Thank you!

That Garmin Alpha is a game changer. You wont want another collar. I didnt have it till this year. What I had to do though is put the handheld in a vest pocket and zip it up. Otherwise you get to looking at it too much. But even if you cant see your dog, it vibrates and beeps when they go on point. So I try not to look at it till then. It makes for a way more comfortable hunt. Reason is, I have two dogs that stay close and one that doesn't. So I spend a lot of time looking for BROWN dogs in high grass and my little setter wherever she may be. Now I know where they are at all times. I've learned that if my old dog is only moving a yard at a time and really slow on the handheld, she is tracking and I go to her to because she's on the pheasant. Wouldn't know that even at 20 yards in high grass. Tells you how far you go, how much your dogs work, you can mark coveys, look at overhead plots, GAMECHANGER! But dont let it spoil ya. :thumbsup:

I recently purchased the Garmin Astro. I already have e collars so I passed the alpha. First season using the GPS and I don't know how I've done it all these years. Incredible.

Back