Dumb,slow,pen raised birds.

Goose, am I reading this correctly? You are shooting flare nares that the state purchased with your tax dollars?
I think I have only shot one, but I did come across a flock up on the highline.They were on a road in a state area.I was walking on the road towards them.They saw me from 200 yards away,and didn't fly.They were really small, but had full color,and very short tails.I thought, this is strange.So they didn't fly like a normal bird would,they walked into the weeds on the side of the road.I stayed on the road,and one flew at 5 yards and I easily dispatched him.Most of the others held.Those had to be released. Thar has been my only encounter.

ND used to release pheasants some 30+ years ago. They banded them so you knew if you killed a released bird. They typically released them before season and a week or two into the season on game management areas owned and controlled by the state. They stopped the plan as CRP became a thing and the NDG&F developed their PLOTs walk in access program.

ND used to release pheasants some 30+ years ago. They banded them so you knew if you killed a released bird. They typically released them before season and a week or two into the season on game management areas owned and controlled by the state. They stopped the plan as CRP became a thing and the NDG&F developed their PLOTs walk in access program.
I wonder if wild pheasant breed with these?

Back