Duke, Rest In Peace, My Friend

M. R. Byrd

DSCF8428.jpg

I have buried Duke on the hill under the cross, next to his buddy, Kirwin, my son's precious black lab.

I have so many stories about Duke and Kirwin that I would tell, if I could only hold back the tears. They were great friends. I remember on the day Kirwin would be coming, telling Duke, "Kirwin is coming." He would immediately go to the front door and push the curtains on the sidelite back to look for Kirwin. That day he would keep a constant watch for his friend and that little stubby tail would tell his excitement when finally Kirwin arrived.

Thank you Duke for being a wonderful friend.

Duke getting some lovin' from my oldest grandson at Deer Camp 2007.

stick10dec07033Small.jpg

Duke in January 2008 doing what he really liked, traveling with me. The destination did not matter as long as he was with me.

stick27Jan08043.jpg

So Sorry to hear of your loss Maynard. My deepest condolences to you and your family....Bob

Great Pictures M.R. sorry about your lost, our condolences to your Family

sorry to hear Mr. Byrd
Most of us have been there at some point and know what you're going through. Hang on to the fond memories.

Maynard,

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Dewey

Duke, the Faithful Companion

Great pics of Duke. I am sure he had as good a life with you as it is possible for a bird dog to have. The Ponderosa is looking good and green, where a new dog would be so happy to be with you.

Last edited:
Back