dropped thread

jmac

i started a thread , and noticed it was dropped. i saw a couple responces. i am glad that you dropped the thread. i never intended to cause a problem. i will be more disearning in the my threads. :eek::eek::

What was the thread about jmac? I missed it I guess. I like a peaceful forum. Some of them duck forums get pretty negative towards one another. Glad to see you care about what you post:thumbsup:

JMAC, no harm done but for the record everyone should know that the moderators have agreed to either freeze or delete a thread if it has a dead end or no win no value ending. Things like politics, religion, etc can fall into this category since there often is no right no wrong but members end up getting offended and offending others very easy since email and forums can be a venting place for some and are terrible venting tools.

We have thought that if we have a mission statement it might go like this.....

UPH Mission-Vision: Supporting respectful exchange of knowledge, values, experience and interests among pheasant hunting enthusiasts across the nation.

You're thread might have been OK but it would have needed more background and guidance info on how others should respond. Too vague and general and no background. That's where trouble starts.

The problem is not the thread topic but for some reason whenever we get topics that involve politics some members can't have a reasonable discussion about things. It turns into a name calling contest. Unfortunate really, that as a group we can't have discussions about political issues that effect hunting because we can't control our emotions online. I don't like it but the moderators really have no choice but to shut down some of the threads because they get ugly after the first post.

uguide and moellermd

point well taken, i will not start a thread like this ever agian. never thought it would generate that type of responce. my bad:eek:

Back