Downloading the WIHA maps to a Mac?

GSP

Has anybody done this? I'm getting a "mounting failed" message.

I would like to put the maps on my Astro, but need to get them on my puter first. Anybody? Help!

For assistance, try 1-800-BILL-GATES. :D:thumbsup:

Seriously, I wish I could help. All my knowledge is pc. Good luck though, and wish you the best.

try holding down the "control" key, then clicking your mouse on the link to the .pdf file

a box should pop up where you have the option to "Download Linked File"

you can then download the pdf to your hard drive and then move the file as you wish

it's a pretty big pdf, so you may need to give it time to download (depending upon your connection bandwidth)

I have it on good authority that the file is not MAC compatible. :(

Gotta track down a PC.

Has anybody downloaded the maps to their Astro (or any other GPS navigator for that matter)? I know the Atlas does not list road names, but I'm thinking that if I put it on my Astro that the road name for the corresponding WIHA would be listed. Correct?

It's Mac compatible. I had no problems downloading to my iMac.

Have you "Googled" the error message or checked with KPWD yet?

No I haven't. I'm using a MacBook and was told by another that I had to download it to a PC. Guess I need to do some more snooping on the error message.

I got them onto my Mac and into Garmin Base Camp then to the nuvi. Took a lot of trial-and-error, but here's what I did:

1. Downloaded the text version.

2. Opened the file in a spreadsheet and rearranged them to lat, lon, alt (=0), and name (= page number - tract number). Headers for columns = latitude, longitude, altitude, name. Save as CSV file.

3. GPSVisualizer.com will convert that to a .GPX file.

4. Imported GPX file into Base Camp and then pushed to GPS.

5. Bloated the GPS up, and was hard to find the WIHA so I deleted them and now use the Atlas :)

I got them onto my Mac and into Garmin Base Camp then to the nuvi. Took a lot of trial-and-error, but here's what I did:

1. Downloaded the text version.

2. Opened the file in a spreadsheet and rearranged them to lat, lon, alt (=0), and name (= page number - tract number). Headers for columns = latitude, longitude, altitude, name. Save as CSV file.

3. GPSVisualizer.com will convert that to a .GPX file.

4. Imported GPX file into Base Camp and then pushed to GPS.

5. Bloated the GPS up, and was hard to find the WIHA so I deleted them and now use the Atlas :)

I'm not giving up yet. :D I got the maps downloaded to a PC. Now I just need to remember to bring my Astro disk in and install the driver on said PC. From there, it shouldn't be too much of a trick to get them from the PC to the Astro.

GPS on Garmin Nuvi

I'm normally a mac guy, but my city navigator cd was PC only, so all may Garmin stuff is on my wife's laptop.

The maps are great.
Best think KDWP has done. Makes getting it spots a lot easier.

Back