Doves?

VZWman

Anybody been out for doves yet? I have been wanting to go, but not a hundred percent sure to go about it. I am also not excited about the 100 degree temps either. It will help me get the O/U out for it's 3rd or 4th time actually hunting.

If you wait for cooler weather or a cold rain, it will be to late to shoot doves, they will be somewhere south. Some new birds may migrate in from the north, but the locals and early migrants will be gone. Easy way to hunt doves is find a field where they are feeding, and setup around the perimeter, generally is better with more than one shooter. Best dove hunting lasts about 10 days at best. Then it becomes work, if your not sweating, your not dove hunting. I'd be going out this AM to shoot myself, but the rains came opening morning and all day off and on yesterday, all my targets are either hunkered down or gone south at the moment, leaving my sunflowers and croton to it's own devices. Maybe those Iowa and Minnesota doves will come my way.

I got caught by work trying to have some fun and they asked me to come in and work. What kind of crap is that? Hopefully get one dove hunt in before the early teal season.

Back