dove hunting

jmac

anybody out there looking forward to dove season? looking like another banner year for doves here in arizona. white wings are back and nesting. collared doves are infecting the area, im in, in ever increacing numbers, and the morning doves, are plentiful, as always.:):cheers:

Not sure if the dog or I look forward to it more. For us it starts Sept. 1st and is the "kick off" for our seasons. We only get mourning doves here but they sure are fun!

Matt D

Label me envious - a few years back not all hunters in MI really got on board and the notion of labeling morning doves a game bird, thus allowing for a dove hunting season got struck down in a public vote.

doves

yup 1sept is are kick off, morning doves, white wings. collared doves are free bees, as they are invasive, and the game and fish wants them gone. white wings are often blowen out of the state by sept 1, that depends on the monsoon. last year opening day was the first time in years, we limited on white wings. hope you and your dog have a great season.

Love it and can't wait get to see how the pups will do momma dog is an old hat at it. she may just like that about as much as pheasants.

not good

Label me envious - a few years back not all hunters in MI really got on board and the notion of labeling morning doves a game bird, thus allowing for a dove hunting season got struck down in a public vote.

sorry to here this 1gb. doves are small birds, but they are fun to shoot.:)

sorry to here this 1gb. doves are small birds, but they are fun to shoot.:)
I've debated traveling out of state for them since Ohio isn't too far away. They are small, but having had the pleasure to eat some once I'd say that there is enough there to eat and they are tasty!

Couple years ago MN got a season on doves. I don't know if it has really caught on?
I've done some, great sport.:thumbsup:

Dove hunting is a blast. I get just as excited about dove hunting as I do about pheasants. It's always a fair weather trip with lots of wing-shooting practice. We always come home with bruised shoulder and a cooler full of tasty little birds to grill. It is a family affair b/c it's nice enough for everyone to enjoy themselves.

Dove season provides an excellent opportunity to introduce kids to the world of wing shooting!!

Doves? Oh yeah! They're thick around here. Mournings and collards, no white wings, guess I'm to far north. The dogs can't wait.

We a have couple of ponds that border corn fields that get chopped for silage. The best is when they are chopping and the birds get pushed around and keep moving. Lots of action around the old pond then.

Dove Day Sep. 1

The evening of Sept. 1 I am always sitting in a pasture by a windmill overflow just waiting for them to fly in.

we go out in the evenings on opening day usually we have a race to get there between us and the local highschool kids we talked the coach into holding them 5 minutes extra last year for football practice the best night of hunting the hole year and we got to the ponds first wooo-hooo the kids were dissapointed but we were thrilled

we had to do something to get the drop on the kids they get there first and ruin it for everyone else with there nonsense the rule around here is that if someone is already there you dont go there so we had the ponds all to ourselves i got off work at 5 and by 5:15 i was at the pond just a half mile from the house

Back