Dogtra3502x

BrownDogsCan2

I’m looking to replace a garmin 550 pro. 180 dollar antenna repair 280 for a new transmitter or 400 for a new unit.
Never really thought it was consistent even before I broke the antenna and I have also had a couple of times where I lost pairing. And in the only way I could get it to re pair was to plug it into a charger first.
Anyone happen to be running this particular dogtra ,3500x ,3502x or know someone who is?. Appreciate any feedback

I’m looking to replace a garmin 550 pro. 180 dollar antenna repair 280 for a new transmitter or 400 for a new unit.
Never really thought it was consistent even before I broke the antenna and I have also had a couple of times where I lost pairing. And in the only way I could get it to re pair was to plug it into a charger first.
Anyone happen to be running this particular dogtra ,3500x ,3502x or know someone who is?. Appreciate any feedback
Have several dog-tra including that unit-like it no issues—also have garmin 550 -much prefer dog-tra for hunting—JMO

Have several dog-tra including that unit-like it no issues—also have garmin 550 -much prefer dog-tra for hunting—JMO
Thanks david 0311
I’m running my Boykin on a garmin 2 . Am I going to have any problems moving over to dogtra with it only running 8 levels of stimulation. It doesn’t run hot or anything does it?

Thanks david 0311
I’m running my Boykin on a garmin 2 . Am I going to have any problems moving over to dogtra with it only running 8 levels of stimulation. It doesn’t run hot or anything does it?
Oops!
mistake on my part—thought my newest set of collars was a 3500–not—sorry. DC

Oops!
mistake on my part—thought my newest set of collars was a 3500–not—sorry. DC
What are you running david? I was also looking at the 1902 and the edge rt.
I think I’m going to order the 3502 , I have 30 days to return it if I don’t like it.

Last edited:
Well she’s a level 1 on the dogtra orange collar. I can’t feel a level 1 on either the orange or black collar. Moving up to a level 2 the black collar is quite a bit hotter than the orange one on 2 and the tone is also louder, so their is some inconsistency. Both collars are hotter than the garmin on the same levels. She really responds to the dogtra but it freaks her out a bit so their is some difference in the way the stimulation is delivered compared to the garmin even though I could feel the garmin on the level she was running and can’t on the dogtra.

What breed dog are you using the collar on? One dog or two? I've used Dogtra collars for years and found them to be excellent. I have a Garmin Alpha that I use on my Brittany when hunting but for training and general use I have a Dogtra 280C. The 280C has a 1/2 mile range, vibrate, nick & constant with 127 levels of stimulation. It's a compact collar but does a great job. Rarely do I need the stimulation over 35 for my Brittany.

What breed dog are you using the collar on? One dog or two? I've used Dogtra collars for years and found them to be excellent. I have a Garmin Alpha that I use on my Brittany when hunting but for training and general use I have a Dogtra 280C. The 280C has a 1/2 mile range, vibrate, nick & constant with 127 levels of stimulation. It's a compact collar but does a great job. Rarely do I need the stimulation over 35 for my Brittany.
A female Boykin and a female Chesapeake. That dogtra only has 8 levels. The Boykin jumped over the arm of the chair and was crawling all over my shoulders on level 1 while I was typing that last night. I couldn’t even feel it on the tips of my fingers. I took her for a walk after that and she got used to it.
This was with a 3502

A female Boykin and a female Chesapeake. That dogtra only has 8 levels. The Boykin jumped over the arm of the chair and was crawling all over my shoulders on level 1 while I was typing that last night. I couldn’t even feel it on the tips of my fingers. I took her for a walk after that and she got used to it.
This was with a 3502
Your 3502 only has 8 levels, correct? The 280C has 0-127 levels.

Your 3502 only has 8 levels, correct? The 280C has 0-127 levels.
Correct, 8 levels. It has 2 transmitters in the same handheld and buttons dedicated to each dog so no toggling. Set it and forget it Which I thought was kind of neat if it’s reliable. Has a tone button,viibrate button and stimulation button. Stimulation is a little different than others.It starts as momentary has a pause and then goes into continuous which may have been what she freaked out about.

Back