dogs?

iowa labs

how open minded are some of you and would you give a rescued dog or a mixed breed a home? here's the story of my brude of hunting misfits:D. bell is a breeder dog blk lab that my brother found for me. she was a year old when i took her in and she hadn't been hunted much. her owner didn't have time for her. ben a blk lab i purchased from a friend. it was the first and only time he bred his female. dutch was a lab mix pup my kids and wife found in the paper. last week on the way home from a weekend hunt i got a call from my mom. a friend that works drilling rigs in oklahoma had found a dog that needed a home. all i know is this dog had been wondering the job site for quite a while. just living off the land. as the job was ending the worker took a risk and brought the dog home. he took it to the vet and got all it's shots and cleaned him up and started looking for a home for it. zues is a german short hair (with it's full tail ??). i leave fri for my 1st s.d.trip of the year. the labs and lab mix are all great dogs. the wild card will be the short hair but here goes! he's had a crash course in training so i'll see what nature brings to the table? :cheers:

how open minded are some of you and would you give a rescued dog or a mixed breed a home? here's the story of my brude of hunting misfits:D. bell is a breeder dog blk lab that my brother found for me. she was a year old when i took her in and she hadn't been hunted much. her owner didn't have time for her. ben a blk lab i purchased from a friend. it was the first and only time he bred his female. dutch was a lab mix pup my kids and wife found in the paper. last week on the way home from a weekend hunt i got a call from my mom. a friend that works drilling rigs in oklahoma had found a dog that needed a home. all i know is this dog had been wondering the job site for quite a while. just living off the land. as the job was ending the worker took a risk and brought the dog home. he took it to the vet and got all it's shots and cleaned him up and started looking for a home for it. zues is a german short hair (with it's full tail ??). i leave fri for my 1st s.d.trip of the year. the labs and lab mix are all great dogs. the wild card will be the short hair but here goes! he's had a crash course in training so i'll see what nature brings to the table? :cheers:

I foster vizslas for rescue, and have had quite a few come through my house, so pretty open.

That being said, if those dogs make you happy, and live up to your expectations in the field, then, that's awesome, and all that matters.
:10sign:

My current dog, Gus the orphan, is a rescue Brittany. Got him out of foster at nine months in Aug. '07, did a little training before the season, and put him afield that fall. He is a dandy upland dog and a great house pet.

I'll poke around for the "Puddle" stories...she was half standard poodle, half GSP.
Got some pix, as well, I think.

but...the answer is "yes."

I have two dogs, both rescues and both are great hunting and companion dogs. One is a pure bred German Shorthair the other is a mut but my best guess is she's a Pit/German Shep mix. Have fun and dogs will learn to do what you want. Good luck.:thumbsup:

The best pheasant dog ive ever seen was so mutty we had no clue of his origins:confused: He was incredibly smart and bird savvy, looked like a giant bengi. He died last month and i miss him so much. Every time I hunt pheasants for the rest of my life i will be thinking about you Skooby. thank you:cheers:

i'm glad i'm not alone in the give them a chance club:thumbsup:. we just returned from a 5 day trip to s.d. the dogs did great! the weather was just way to hot and dry:mad: ! but i'll be back ;).

Back