Dogs in Aberdeen

ross5575

I know this is a long shot but I have to ask. My dad, my friend and I will be coming up to SD on December 7th - December 12th (still bummed we had to move our hunt back from this week, but with the corn up and water we wanted to have a better chance later on). Anyway we have had Black Labs and GSP's all of our lifes and our dogs have since died. We just don't go up but once a year now and don't have the time to take care of dogs now that I'm in Texas.

Does anyone know of anyone maybe a trainer or a lodge that would rent out a dog for a week. We are all about safty and would take great care of the dog.

Hmmmm.....I doubt you'll find anyone willing to hand over a dog for a week. And, wouldn't you feel terrible if something happened to it in your care? Can't remember the last time I was in the field for more than a few days without the dog getting some sort of injury, whether just scraped up pads or something more serious...

My two cents, hire a guide and have them bring a dog. It's an added expense, of course, but certainly worthwhile - especially if you get out only once a year. A good dog is a big help, but a good guide and a dog are worth their weight in gold. And, it'll be up to the guide to take care of the dog.

Back